Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Procharger Comments from Vice President

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 06:09 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Here is a question for the LSI Tech/LS1 .com guy's.

I have been a member of LS1 Tech.com since 3-2002 and LS1.com even longer.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=3452

I was *always* in search of more power and asking questions.

How come not ONE single person ever mentioned ATI lol.

I was there so I can speak on this. In fact at my track most LS1's are all motor, I can't think of a single ATI Blown car out there that runs regurly. They have 383 Stroker engines etc running 10's and N20 Z28's running 11's but in all of my 76 posts there not one person mentioned ATI. Even though my goal was always stated as 1/4 mile mod questions. Why is that?

Not to sound like I don't appreciate your help but let me be as real as possible for a minute even if people don't like it.

When I was driving LS1/FBOD's we laughed at Imports and their posts and never offered them much help.

They were called "ricers" and even worse. Any LS1 Owner denying this is lying if they say this is untrue.

LS1 guys are great guys, in fact I miss my FireHawk, much less headaches then this POS has given me and that's real.

But the sudden influx of LS1 help seems like a "we got ATI's back" type thing, which like EJ pointed out seems odd for an Import forum. The timing (pardon the pun) of 8 blown engines now all of a sudden all of this help from FBOD owners is nice but you have to be an idiot not to at least be a bit skeptical don't you think?

LS1/350Z Apples and Oranges as I am sure you know.
"How come not ONE single person ever mentioned ATI lol."

Max,

I am not certain what your point was when you made the above statement?

And, what exactly are we suppose to be "skeptical" about?

Happy Holidays!

G
Old 12-22-2003, 06:14 PM
jcv

I think Max's, and maybe EJ, suggesting there maybe a rat in the woodpile.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Black LS1 T/A

Here is a question for the LSI Tech/LS1 .com guy's.

I have been a member of LS1 Tech.com since 3-2002 and LS1.com even longer.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=3452

I was *always* in search of more power and asking questions.

How come not ONE single person ever mentioned ATI lol.

I was there so I can speak on this.
You must be talking about a different planet for LS1Tech.
I just did a search on "ATI". I got:

"Showing results 1 to 25 of 500"

Perhaps you need to learn how to use a forum...

MaxHax (12SecZ) never posted a SINGLE thread in the Forced Induction section out of his total 45 posts over the last two years.

REAL LS1 enthusiast there.

I can't recall ANY guy asking questions about supercharging their car and not getting reams of advice, suggestions AND differing recommendations about various manufacturers.

I see those who are trying to drag the discussion down have no interest in figuring out how to save themselves from melting down their engines. I don't know anyone personally from ATI. But, they have treated me well as a customer... even honoring replacement or giving me discounts on parts out of warranty. Someone is a happy customer so they MUST be a plant from ATI. That's PITIFUL!

Sorry some of you are so cynical you can't take some well needed advice. Perhaps some of the less belligerent individuals will take what has been said, take responsibility for tuning their setup and come whip my LS1 butt...

... maybe...

ADIOS, Amigos

Last edited by Black LS1 T/A; 12-22-2003 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:20 PM
12SecZ

edited after a polite PM.

I call truce on the drama.

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited by 12SecZ; 12-22-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:25 PM
12SecZ

edited for Christmas.

Peas On Earth!

Last edited by 12SecZ; 12-22-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:27 PM
12SecZ

Here is a search you overlooked.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=60774
Old 12-22-2003, 06:36 PM
jcv

Black LS1 T/A, you brought some good thoughts to the forum, advice is really useful to those with SC or contemplating it. By the way, the same search with Vortech brought up 500 hits. Ya'll are an equal opportunity forum.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:10 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Here's an even better search, this one shows exactly how Black LS1 T/A feels about imports:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ighlight=ricer

If you don't feel like clicking on the link, what he said was this,in his own forums:

originally posted by Black LS1 T/A:
I love RICER victims!
So much for that noble altruistic desire to help fellow racers
Old 12-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Black LS1 T/A

Dude... you are SO disingenuous. Don't you dare pull out "talking trash" crap as a REAL disparage against anyone. Domestics talk trash about imports, imports talk trash about domestics... heck, Camaros and Firebirds tralk trash about Rustangs.. ahem.. I mean Mustangs... and vice versa.

If THAT is the best you can pull out to show my info to guys here about tuning is bogus, then you are walking on shaky ground. Heck, if I line up beside a Camaro or another T/A, my Black Gal is gonna get her props. I'll talk trash to YOU if you dare line up against me!

This'll be the smoke you see, except it'll be smoke in your eyes while you squint to see where I went.

You get the point? Talkin' smack and talkin' shop are two different things.

I didn't come over here talking ricer this and ricer that. But, come out on my country road and try to lay down the smack... you'll have so many people egging you, trying to get you edgy and nervous, you better know how to drive that thing if you line up. Yeah, go to a kill story on a forum and pull some more of my lines... 300ZX's get it, Mustangs get it, Camaros get it, Big Block Chevy's get it...

And I've had MINE handed to me... once or twice.

Oh, man! Get a GRIP will ya!

While we're here talking irrelevant trash, we could be discussing similarities between cars and how we tune them. Do you know what Long Term Fuel Trims are and are they even used by your car's PCM to help manage A/F?... what's their impact on WOT? Does your computer use a PE (Performance Enhancement)/RPM table to control fuel delivery under WOT? If not, what method DOES it use? What similar mods to ours throw your A/F or timing out of whack? What methods have you we used to overcome lack of fuel for higher boost situations and what might or does work for you? What would you adjust first when you discover you have excess knock; lower timing or increase fueling? Both? What types of headers/exhaust enhances a boosted setup? Does it matter?

Hey, all these things are trivial beside the need to skank on someone who came over here trying to get you to think OUTSIDE the box. SOME of my diatribe about Vortech was to get some mentally agile people to see how immature that can be, similar to trashing Procharger. It's no different, dude. But, hey... instead of learning how to USE a supercharger safely, keep mouthing and whining about it instead of DOING something about it.

Either get your car tuned or take the SC off. Take it or leave it. But, I GUARANTEE you will be sorry if you leave it.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:50 PM
LSs1Power

This is getting weird...... Someone is trying to share his knowledge and he is getting attacked by people who really need to learn . Black LS1 T/A, man ur wasting ur time here...... Some people are soo defensive when they discover that they don't know anything about cars. They respect u if u had more posts not more knowledge. Its really sad...Sad.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Black LS1 T/A

edited after a polite PM.

I call truce on the drama.

Merry Christmas to all!
I didn't get your PM, but not a prob. I don't harbor hard feelings with anyone who is cool enough to step back from a scene.

Happy holidays.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Black LS1 T/A

Originally posted by LSs1Power
This is getting weird...... Someone is trying to share his knowledge and he is getting attacked by people who really need to learn . Black LS1 T/A, man ur wasting ur time here...... Some people are soo defensive when they discover that they don't know anything about cars. They respect u if u had more posts not more knowledge. Its really sad...Sad.
Dont worry.. at this rate, I'm SURE to get my post count up!
Old 12-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Black LS1 T/A

I talked with another guy who came up with a system to retard timng at planned RPMs while making the spark hotter to help keep power up (I think he was doing something with the dwell). At the same time he was introducing his device to us on the LS1 forums, LS1-Edit came out and we were able to manipulate many other parameters including timing.

If you guys have knock issues even at A/F ratios of 11.x:1, you need to do something about your timing or increase your octane. If I were you I'd seek alternatives to adjust my timing. Sacrificing a little timing to increase boost will buy you more power than vice versa.

TIFWIW.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:24 AM
ZedZed

If only we had something like LS1-edit..... at this point to make changes to our ECU, we have to rip it out of the car, send it to away to get programmed.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:37 AM
LSs1Power

Originally posted by ZedZed
If only we had something like LS1-edit..... at this point to make changes to our ECU, we have to rip it out of the car, send it to away to get programmed.
How about E-Manage?
Old 12-23-2003, 12:52 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by Black LS1 T/A
Dude... you are SO disingenuous. Don't you dare pull out "talking trash" crap as a REAL disparage against anyone. Domestics talk trash about imports, imports talk trash about domestics... heck, Camaros and Firebirds tralk trash about Rustangs.. ahem.. I mean Mustangs... and vice versa.

If THAT is the best you can pull out to show my info to guys here about tuning is bogus, then you are walking on shaky ground. Heck, if I line up beside a Camaro or another T/A, my Black Gal is gonna get her props. I'll talk trash to YOU if you dare line up against me!

This'll be the smoke you see, except it'll be smoke in your eyes while you squint to see where I went.

You get the point? Talkin' smack and talkin' shop are two different things.

I didn't come over here talking ricer this and ricer that. But, come out on my country road and try to lay down the smack... you'll have so many people egging you, trying to get you edgy and nervous, you better know how to drive that thing if you line up. Yeah, go to a kill story on a forum and pull some more of my lines... 300ZX's get it, Mustangs get it, Camaros get it, Big Block Chevy's get it...

And I've had MINE handed to me... once or twice.

Oh, man! Get a GRIP will ya!

While we're here talking irrelevant trash, we could be discussing similarities between cars and how we tune them. Do you know what Long Term Fuel Trims are and are they even used by your car's PCM to help manage A/F?... what's their impact on WOT? Does your computer use a PE (Performance Enhancement)/RPM table to control fuel delivery under WOT? If not, what method DOES it use? What similar mods to ours throw your A/F or timing out of whack? What methods have you we used to overcome lack of fuel for higher boost situations and what might or does work for you? What would you adjust first when you discover you have excess knock; lower timing or increase fueling? Both? What types of headers/exhaust enhances a boosted setup? Does it matter?

Hey, all these things are trivial beside the need to skank on someone who came over here trying to get you to think OUTSIDE the box. SOME of my diatribe about Vortech was to get some mentally agile people to see how immature that can be, similar to trashing Procharger. It's no different, dude. But, hey... instead of learning how to USE a supercharger safely, keep mouthing and whining about it instead of DOING something about it.

Either get your car tuned or take the SC off. Take it or leave it. But, I GUARANTEE you will be sorry if you leave it.
LOL......did i strike a nerve there buddy?......i can almost picture the smoke coming out of your nostrils while you were typing your response.

PS-you wouldn't be so angry if it weren't the truth
Old 12-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Black LS1 T/A

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
LOL......did i strike a nerve there buddy?......i can almost picture the smoke coming out of your nostrils while you were typing your response.

PS-you wouldn't be so angry if it weren't the truth
Who says I'm angry? Just bewildered...
Old 12-23-2003, 01:41 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by Black LS1 T/A
Who says I'm angry? Just bewildered...
bewildered about what?.......what exactly are you telling us that we didn't already find out on our own?.....yes, there is too much timing at the top.......that's why my Procharger kit does not work properly on my totally stock car.......what is it that you plan on saying that will make ATI not responsible for a kit that they produced?

Last edited by elektrik_juggernaut; 12-23-2003 at 02:28 AM.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:58 AM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why this has turned into a thread about who said what about "ricers". Maybe I'm out of the loop, but since when does the term "ricer" include any import car? I've always used it (and I use it a lot), as have most people I know, as a term describing most anybody's car with ridiculous mods that only serve to give the image of performance rather than actually increasing performance. I have respect for any car, import or domestic, that actually has improved performance. I'd wager that the LS1 guys feel the same way. Don't take things out of context guys.

It is a shame that people on this board don't even seem to want help.

Damn I wish I had "VQ35-Edit"....LOL
Old 12-23-2003, 03:36 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by GaryK
It is a shame that people on this board don't even seem to want help.
please quit trying to put spin on this........i've called the tech line multiple times......i've exchanged emails with the tech dept. multiple times......i've contacted my original vendor as ATI suggested........went through the whole "vendor-relayed messages from ATI" thing with them........i've asked for help........so far all i've gotten from them is words

Quick Reply: Procharger Comments from Vice President