Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good to see you're still going with this, I'd def. would be discouraged after a fire like that. Any updates to the build and more importantly how did the heads come out? What did Headgames give for the specs for the cams?
Old 12-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
Good to see you're still going with this, I'd def. would be discouraged after a fire like that. Any updates to the build and more importantly how did the heads come out? What did Headgames give for the specs for the cams?
I'm right there with you. At first I was thinking about just selling everything. However, after some time thinking, I knew I wouldn't be happy if I didn't finish the Z.

I just pulled everything off, to send to get coated. So, I will ship that this week. On the heads, I am waiting until after TX2k. I am running Kelford 272 right now with Supertech valvetrain. So that will all be sold, so I can run the custom setup from Headgames.

I'm working on trying to figure out a oil pump alternative as well, trying to keep A/C as the weather here gets to hot for no A/C lol.

Bottom end....Whats the most power that's been put down without sleeving? Are the walls that week?

Goal for Texas is around 800-850rwhp. Everything will be done on spare heads/block to keep the car down as short as possible.

I have a lot of ideas floating, just tackling them one at a time.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Originally Posted by Total D
I'm right there with you. At first I was thinking about just selling everything. However, after some time thinking, I knew I wouldn't be happy if I didn't finish the Z.

I just pulled everything off, to send to get coated. So, I will ship that this week. On the heads, I am waiting until after TX2k. I am running Kelford 272 right now with Supertech valvetrain. So that will all be sold, so I can run the custom setup from Headgames.

I'm working on trying to figure out a oil pump alternative as well, trying to keep A/C as the weather here gets to hot for no A/C lol.

Bottom end....Whats the most power that's been put down without sleeving? Are the walls that week?

Goal for Texas is around 800-850rwhp. Everything will be done on spare heads/block to keep the car down as short as possible.

I have a lot of ideas floating, just tackling them one at a time.
I'm pretty sure XKR hit 1000 whp on stock sleeves, i'd have to take look.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Total D

Nice, I don't know ifg I will push this motor that hard. Just thinking about the new block. Like I stated earlier, I'll be happy with 800-850. Base pressure should be over 600rwhp.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Nice, I don't know ifg I will push this motor that hard. Just thinking about the new block. Like I stated earlier, I'll be happy with 800-850. Base pressure should be over 600rwhp.
Oh forgot he's a 4.0 liter. Went through his massive thread only to notice it in his sig.... aahahaha it did 1006 Whp DJ. The only other big number car on stock sleeves that i remember was the Powerlabs G35, it was 906whp.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Total D

Yea that's a bit different haha. I'd like to go to a 3.8L or 4L, but I will see how the 3.5L handles this setup. I will definitely be posting here or on my facebook...https://www.facebook.com/jeremiah.heidner.1. It's easier for me to upload pics of the progress there. Wish there was a way to post on both at the same time haha.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:36 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

those turbos are too big for only 8-850 whp. If you want only 850 whp, sell those 67s and buy a set of 5558's. They'll make 8-850 all day long with over 1000- 1500 rpms gained in powerband. GTRs make close to 1k with those.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Total D

Well if I was going for "only" 800-850rwhp, I would agree with you. I said in the beginning of this thread my goal is for 1300+rwhp. My goal is to pick up where Chris and Sound Performance left off...So, while I wait for the new motor to be built; I will drive on the setup I have now, and make 800-850rwhp and just have fun.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

best of luck to you!
Old 12-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Total D

Thanks man, I appreciate it!
Old 12-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Total D

Small update: Car is getting painted today woot. Now I have to just wait patiently for that process before I start putting her back together. Was told, I should have back before Christmas, so I know what I'll be doing after Christmas. I'll post some pics up once it is painted and ready for everything to go back in. 2 and 1/2 months to get her done.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 AM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default paint

Hey J...my Z is white also...askwd paint shop to put more pearl effect in clear coat...you doing anything different with your pikes peak white? Here good paint is 4000 (whole body)...OR clear coat pearl for 2000.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Total D

Derrel, I'm just getting the regular respray. nothing fancy as I like the stock color. Basically fenders forward is getting painted along with the hatch. I got a good deal though, so definitely not going to complain. I'm just ready for it to be done so I can start working on it.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Total D

Some pics of the prep to get it all painted. One of many steps forward.
Attached Thumbnails Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)-img_0111.jpg   Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)-img_0113.jpg   Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)-img_0114.jpg   Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)-img_0116.jpg   Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)-img_0118.jpg  

Old 12-21-2013, 01:03 PM
ogiehooker

Default paint

Hey J...does your painter there do pearls? whats a full body pearl cost? MAYBE in the future, I'll send me Z for the th400 and paint....I'll have to get over the current azzraping first...LOLO
Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Total D

Yes, they do pearls. As for cost, I'm not sure what the total cost would be. I'll ask and see what I can find out. What you thinking about doing? We can definitely take care of getting it all done for you though. I'll at least give you some KY hahaha.. jk jk
Old 12-23-2013, 11:07 AM
XG624

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here we go, let's try this again. This is how she is sitting now. I have the car at the paint shop and when it gets back, I can start putting the engine and everything back.

Hope to have more updates soon for you guys. A few little other upgrades are being done as well, since the motor is out of the car.
Damn just about as bad as you described it...

Looks like my old headlights will be put to good use! (old to me, not really old lol)
Old 12-23-2013, 11:08 AM
ogiehooker

Default ky

TKS J but I get all the free KY I need at work!

I was thinking of a more "pearly" pearl..more accents with blue, gold reds showing through when lighted...

I hear u can do that with a new clear coat.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by XG624
Damn just about as bad as you described it...

Looks like my old headlights will be put to good use! (old to me, not really old lol)
Yea it was pretty bad man. Thank god it don't look like that now. I picked up my old headlights, just shook my head because I had just bought those. I'm glad I was able to pick up your lights off of you.

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
TKS J but I get all the free KY I need at work!

I was thinking of a more "pearly" pearl..more accents with blue, gold reds showing through when lighted...

I hear u can do that with a new clear coat.
Haha okay, just thought I'd offer since it seems others don't.

Gotcha, be careful doing to much. You'll look like a bass boat going down the road. Some mix the pearl with the clear coat and respray. It's definitely do able though.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Total D

Didn't realize I didn't put any of the pics up that were during the body work. Well here are some of the body work and of it painted together. Once it gets buffed and pic in proper lighting, I'll get those up as well.

Block is being sent out at the beginning of the year to be sleeved. Piston and Rods are my next thing to tackle. Talked to quite a few people, for rods it will be either Pauter or Carrillo and for pistons, Weisco or CP 10.1 CR. Goal changed a bit, but I'm going to stay 3.5L and wet sump(Oil). Maybe further down the line, I can go to the dry setup.

Here are the pics of the car so far:

Quick Reply: Total D's New Build: Time for Enyo to get a nice set of twins ;)