Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently
View Poll Results: Which one will give me the best price/performance?
Espelir
1.39%
Injen
19.44%
HKS
55.56%
None of those, I recommend (please post below)
23.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide between 3 TD systems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:15 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Arrow Help me decide between 3 TD systems.

I can't make a decision on which of these three systems to get. I have a Power Enterprise TT kit, and am currently running Kinetix HF cats and NISMO exhaust. When I make the exhaust change I will be using resonated test pipes. Prices are the best I could find so far. I'm no turbo expert, so any EDUCATED advice on diameter, restriction, X or H pipes and how they will affect my relatively small turbos is very welcome. I am runing around 400 rwp on 9 psi.

The three I am looking at are the:
Espelir JGT 500 (Pic1)
PRO:
Price ($899 shipped)
Good reviews
No known fitment issues, in fact, looks
like it gives the most clearance of the three from installed pictures.

GOOD OR BAD? Removable silencers

CON:
No H or X pipe
Smaller diameter pipes (50mm)

Injen Titanium Tip Track Edition True Dual (SES 1986TT) (pic 2)
PRO:
Somewhat of a copy of the HKS
Price ($995 shipped)
60 MM pipes
H pipe
Titanium tip (100 mm)

CON:
Haven't heard any sound clips or reviews
Some bad reviews of the previous (SES 1985C)
Unknown fitment

HKS Dual Hi-Power Ti Exhaust (Pic 3)
PRO:
Titanium Adjustable tip (120 mm)
Many good reviews
Quiet at low rpms
60mm piping
CON:
Price ($1299 shipped)
Some bad reviews on fitment (knocking againts differential)
Price.

Thanks for your input
Attached Thumbnails Help me decide between 3 TD systems.-espelir.jpg   Help me decide between 3 TD systems.-injen-1.gif   Help me decide between 3 TD systems.-hks.gif  
Old 05-20-2006, 10:17 AM
rkd350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HKS!!
where did you find 1299$ HKS?
Old 05-20-2006, 10:29 AM
djnc

I think i've heard that APS exhaust is great for FI...not sure about price or anything, but i've heard good things
Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 PM
EvasiveMtrsprts

i'd like to know where to get it for 1299 shipped too msrp is 1895 and shipping cost about $100-120
Old 05-20-2006, 12:55 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Thumbs up Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust TD

Group Buy going on now!!!

Threads located at:

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/180725-i-was-the-test-car-and-wow-good-news.html

https://my350z.com/forum/vendor-group-buys-115/

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91857

And the website at:

http://www.fastintentions.com

Help me decide between 3 TD systems.-polished_straight_look.jpg
Old 05-20-2006, 03:57 PM
plumpzz

The Espilir is a copy of the Injen, and both have piping too small for turbo.
HKS is good, but i think it sounds a little ricey (flame awayyyy)

You can check out APS (should've bought it when you had the chance :-p )
Aps is 2.5TD, good fitment and its pretty quiet but it has a unique tone in the 350z world..
SVRTech 2.5' TD is great, since itll give you quite a torque boost in the midrange, up to 70 torque as i saw in 1 independant dyno, as well as a nice HP boost. It has an X pipe, so the resonated TP will be of no use, actually you WONT need TP's because it comes with test pipes. It'll also nvr drone because of the X pipe. Check out the 3' TD if you want more power (or lower boost)
Old 05-20-2006, 04:07 PM
gringott

Originally Posted by plumpzz

Aps is 2.5TD, good fitment and its pretty quiet but it has a unique tone in the 350z world..
SVRTech 2.5' TD is great, since itll give you quite a torque boost in the midrange, up to 70 torque as i saw in 1 independant dyno, as well as a nice HP boost. It has an X pipe, so the resonated TP will be of no use, actually you WONT need TP's because it comes with test pipes. It'll also nvr drone because of the X pipe. Check out the 3' TD if you want more power (or lower boost)
Thanks for the feedback. I have yet to hear an HKS in person, as we all know, sound clips just aren't the same. The reason I was shy on the APS is the look of the muffler of all things, just didn't like it. Same with most of the custom systems, there is always something I don't like, like lack of flex pipe, or something else. That is how I narrowed it down to these three. Now this is the new Injen, which to my understanding is a copy of the HKS, in fact, they have the same size pipes (60mm). The Espelir does appear to be somewhat of a copy of the earlier Injen (SES with 50mm pipes). I am concerned that the Espelir won't be much of an upgrade from the NISMO in the breathing department.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:30 PM
plumpzz

Flex pipe? The exhaust is held on by rubber, it'll flex enough. If anything, the injen and espilir are way too small in diameter, even tho the PE turbos are tiney

edit: The look of the muffler? You ricer :-p
Old 05-20-2006, 06:38 PM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by plumpzz

Dude an x-pipe has nothing to do with a test pipe, they are in completely different areas of the exhaust system. Also i had test pipes on my 2.5" true dual with hks carbon/ti mufflers and it DRONED and rasped like crazy. I have HFCs now and it still drones a little but no rasp.

2nd: I voted for HKS without looking at the actual thread (oops!) i would rechange my vote to other because all of the exhaust systems you listed are too small diamater wise for a turbo set up.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:11 PM
plumpzz

sorry i mistyped. It has a built in TP.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:43 PM
dkmaxitus

Originally Posted by AParshall04
Dude an x-pipe has nothing to do with a test pipe, they are in completely different areas of the exhaust system. Also i had test pipes on my 2.5" true dual with hks carbon/ti mufflers and it DRONED and rasped like crazy. I have HFCs now and it still drones a little but no rasp.

2nd: I voted for HKS without looking at the actual thread (oops!) i would rechange my vote to other because all of the exhaust systems you listed are too small diamater wise for a turbo set up.
i second that. was kinda misleading title. just get a custom 3 in. one.

edit - i also hear that the greddy evo2 is a good exhaust for fi. the performance shop owner here on maui has a boosted g35 and is running the evo2. i saw a comparison when my evo2 was getting installed next to the injen and WOW what a difference. it was coming off of a Z that got a custom 3in. exhaust.

Last edited by dkmaxitus; 05-20-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:15 PM
gringott

I switched out the Kinetix HF cats for Tpros resonated TPs. The sound level is the same, not louder, less restriction, slightly different sound. Perhaps somewhat more "gurggling" on decel.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:26 PM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by dkmaxitus
i second that. was kinda misleading title. just get a custom 3 in. one.

edit - i also hear that the greddy evo2 is a good exhaust for fi. the performance shop owner here on maui has a boosted g35 and is running the evo2. i saw a comparison when my evo2 was getting installed next to the injen and WOW what a difference. it was coming off of a Z that got a custom 3in. exhaust.
True! I have seen a lot of turbo guys running the Evo2 and making HUGE hp gains! It's a great system for Turbo set ups, plus the greddy name most people can trust to back up their product (like hks).
Old 05-22-2006, 08:53 PM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're running TT, get something at least 2.5" TD. The Fast Intentions exhaust is nice. The Stillen and DC Sports would fit the bill too.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:29 PM
alex12

I've heard good things about this one from SVRT..
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/182659-svrtech-2-5-dual-exhaust.html
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/189030-my-attempt-at-svrtechnologies-3-exhaust-sound-clips.html
Old 05-26-2006, 07:05 AM
IceBurnzTT

Damnit so another nice exhaust ( Injen Ti ) is too small for FI Seems ya just cant get a Ti tipped exhaust for FI without cutting out a kidney
Old 05-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Roggan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had some fitment issues with my HKS, the shop that installed it for me said that they had to bend the pipes atleast 1" on each side to get it to clear the diff (though it still rubbs and needs further tweaking).

The sound is amazing though, VERY exotic (even more then i was hoping for)!

/Roger
Old 05-27-2006, 06:53 AM
gringott

Just as an update, the HKS and the Injen Ti are 2.37" diameter, the Espelir 1.97". Looks like all of them will be somewhat restrictive, I would think 2.5" minimum is what I need. The Espelir is eliminated for sure.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:30 AM
buffmanjeff

Thumbs up Aps

I just put the APS 2.5" TD on yesterday. I installed it myself along with my brother. I'm going F/I next saturday (have everything just need to be installed) and I hear wonderful things about this exhaust as well as other APS products. Actually I've never heard 1 complaint about APS exhausts in general, only postive remarks. Fitment was excellant, the only issue we had was we had to loosen the strut bar in the rear to get the pipe over, then tighten back up. Install time on the lift didn't take more than 45 minutes max. It sounds nice right at startup, quite at low rpms but exotic at higher rpms. Its pricey (1290+shipping or tax if u buy it in state), but i think its worth it. If you would like sound clips of it on N/A or F/I, i can do both, as i wont have my vortech sc on for another week. Just let me know. Good luck man.

Quick Reply: Help me decide between 3 TD systems.