Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Independent Crawford Plenum Review & Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 06:44 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ignoring the meat as usual. Answer the questions.. or will we just have to wait for your future posts to prove it for us?

"people can decide for themselves"..

You know what... I'll leave it at that. Your last two posts pretty much sum it up

Thread topic: "Independent Crawford Plenum Review & Dyno"
hfm post: "Flynnibus, I don't know why you are so concerned about what happened this weekend at a local So. Cal. dyno shop"
Old 02-08-2004, 06:49 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by KJY9
You're wasting time and energy flynn...he's a 17yr old kid that knows everything and no one else knows a thing.
I've only been here a few months and I've seen more rants with HFM spewing forth nothing but garbage than I care to count.
I'm outta this one..nothing here but ignorance.
Peace out
actually i am the 17yr-old kid.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:53 PM
12SecZ

I personally like Flynn's posts here on this forum because I view them as non biased and I think he made very good points.

You failed to address any of them, like I said you are personalizing this which doesn't help the credibility of the dyno.

I was down in So. Cal a couple times learning who was who and a few people told me "that HFM is a real stuck on himself type jerk." Thy said you disrespected some wifes even at a GTG.

I said, "well I will form my own opinion."

HFM, I think I have just formed my own opinion, you are acting just as they (So. Cal people ) described.

I won't personalize this issue I will broaden it.

Doug is own his 5th revision with 20 years of experience on Z cars.

So if his doesn't make any power, none of them will. So is that your stance, no plenums will make power and are you going to Dyno every single one or just the Crawford? Flynn brushed over some issues I posted that you left out of your out of context quoting techinique too.

Here is a quote for your sig.

"If you want to go faster than HFM then buy a Crawford Plenum it's worth 400 bucks just to beat him all day every day "
2-8-04 Max

Last edited by 12SecZ; 02-08-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread took a huge dump, and reminds me of some of the $hit you would read over at www.clubsi.com To all those that spent time, and money and donated their cars, THANK YOU. I have a Crawford plenum, I do feel a bit dissapointed in these results but I'm not going to cry about it, and bash those that are just trying to throw some numbers out for everyone to see. But you know what...I'm gonna go test it on MY car and see what I gain. I think too many people are defending the plenum....

Last edited by Alberto; 02-08-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:12 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 12SecZ
I personally like Flynn's posts here on this forum because I view them as non biased and I think he made very good points.

I used to think the samething. As of tonight, I do not.

You failed to address any of them, like I said you are personalizing this which doesn't help the credibility of the dyno.

You're right, I didn't answer any of his points. If I responded to every criticism, this thread would go on indefinitely. I'll look at this thread tomorrow and will probably post further since this seems important to him.

And, Max, you're one to talk about personalizing things. I not going to go into the number of threads where your personal feelings come clearly across.

I was down in So. Cal a couple times learning who was who and a few people told me "that HFM is a real stuck on himself type jerk." Thy said you disrespected some wifes even at a GTG.

Well Max, that actually, hurt. Post a thread about whether people in So. Cal. think I'm a stuck up jerk. If people infact say this is the case, I'll offer apologies wherever they are appropriate. As for disrespecting someone's wife at a get together, I have no clue as to what you're talking about.

Since we're getting very personal about this, I would appreciate if you posted details because what you're saying is slanderous. You are welcome do so here or on that thread about whether or not I'm a stuck up jerk.

I said, "well I will form my own opinion."

HFM, I think I have just formed my own opinion, you are acting just as they (So. Cal people ) described.

I won't personalize this issue I will broaden it.

Doug is own his 5th revision with 20 years of experience on Z cars.

So if his doesn't make any power, none of them will. So is that your stance, no plenums will make power and are you going to Dyno every single one or just the Crawford? Flynn brushed over some issues I posted that you left out of your out of context quoting techinique too.

Here is a quote for your sig.

"If you want to go faster thain HFM then buy a Crawford Plenum it's worth 400 bucks just to beat him all day every day "
2-8-04 Max

Max, I respect you not for the time, money and effort you've spent but more for informing the Z community. If that's how you feel, that's how you feel. It is regretable that we have a fundamental disagreement here. You've made this personal, but I still recognize you as someone spending the time educating us. That being the case, I will not say anything negative in response.

Last edited by hfm; 02-08-2004 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:14 PM
350zdanny

Originally posted by Alberto
This thread took a huge dump, and reminds me of some o fthe $hit you would read over at www.clubsi.com To all those that spent time, and money and dontaed their cars, THANK YOU. I have a Crawford plenum, I do feel a bit dissapointed but you know what...I'm gonna go test it on MY car and see what I gain. I think too many people are defending the plenum....
Did you like the plenum before these results came out? at best, these dynos (inclusive of the ones I did) are inconclusive for the community as a whole. I know exactly what my car made, and it happened to be what Crawford said, maybe a little better in spots and maybe a little worse in others.

ZXSaint knows exactly what the plenum made on his car.

But translating these two tests to your car is sketchy. There's just not a big enough sample of dynos to say "The Crawford plenum produces X whp." There really aren't enough dynos to say that about the JWT pop charger either.

I agree with Max almost 100%. I trusted Doug, and he delivered a good product to me. That's all. It's not as if he's making blind assumptions about this plenum.

HFM - I still think you deserve credit for doing/coordinating this dyno with Vandy, the guys at performance, and ZXSaint, but I think you should have been a little more objective.

Dan
Old 02-08-2004, 07:32 PM
phile

gfdgd

Last edited by phile; 02-08-2004 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:35 PM
phile

I second what danny said. HFM, you do deserve credit for spending your time to coordinate an independant dyno for the community. However, as I read your post your partiality was apparent. I'm not judging you, I'm merely judging the post. I would bet that if it were written with a little more objectivity and maybe optimism, people may have taken your efforts more seriously.

And semi off-topic, someone talked about the JWT pop-charger mob mentality.... That thing has been out for a while and people seemed to shrug it off as mediocre, or a waste of money. Why all of a sudden is the JWT pop-charger so promising? Does anyone have a real answer to that? I do plan on getting an intake eventually, but I DEFINTELY don't want something that will cause me to lose hp :P
Old 02-08-2004, 07:37 PM
12SecZ

HFM,

Start a thread in off topic or So. Cal something and I will back up my "slander" with what I heard there not here but I won't name names just details it's your call I stand behind stuff I say bro.

It's not anything I said, it's what I heard. Or just stay on the dyno topic. Either way I still thimnk since you started the thread after several months of hounding you are obligated to a few answers you are clearly ignoring just on this page alone, like other plenum dyno's etc, reread the whole thread and rather than thanks a few people can you please answer a few questions?

To me that would put the thread back on track.

As for me being a jerk, well I never said I wasn't I admit to it lol. If I offended you while being a jerk by telling a true story then well I am also man enough to admit it and move on k?
Old 02-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by 350zdanny
Did you like the plenum before these results came out? at best, these dynos (inclusive of the ones I did) are inconclusive for the community as a whole. I know exactly what my car made, and it happened to be what Crawford said, maybe a little better in spots and maybe a little worse in others.
Dan
Yes, I did like my plenum before the results came out, and I will continue to like it, unless my results come out bad. I agree about the dynos being inconclusive to the community. When I get around to dynoing I'll post my personal results....
Old 02-08-2004, 07:52 PM
hfm

Originally posted by phile
I second what danny said. HFM, you do deserve credit for spending your time to coordinate an independant dyno for the community. However, as I read your post your partiality was apparent. I'm not judging you, I'm merely judging the post. I would bet that if it were written with a little more objectivity and maybe optimism, people may have taken your efforts more seriously.
With the exception of the mistake I made pointed out by D'oh, I stand by my first post. The correction is above.

As for bias, consider how many defending posts needed to be made. If I came across as biased, I think it happened later when I got tired of responding to the Crawford crew.

By the time I'm done responding to the attacking crowd, I'm sure I will sound biased. It's hard to remain entirely objective, unbiased and positive when you have so many people who have already spent hard earned money on a product and who don't like reading what you're saying that are ready to attack you en masse.

If I come across as biased, I'll just say it's what happens when you get poked too often.

Originally posted by 12SecZ

It's not anything I said, it's what I heard.
What the hell?

Dude, you just said it above for everyone to read. It may have been what you may have heard. But, now, it is in fact what you have said for everyone to read regardless of whether it is true or not.

And, you brought it up out of spite. However, I don't doubt someone said this to you. It's not something you just make up unless you're a total jackass which I know you're not.

I don't remember disrespecting anyone's wife at any meet. Whoever told you that either, misunderstood, doesn't like me or hell I don't know, maybe that person is the total jackass.

I'm not going to make this an issue because I know I try to treat everyone I meet personally with care.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:17 PM
350zdanny

HFM -

I think you set yourself up for most of this barrage, although nobody really deserves it.

People have you pegged as the person who was overly critical of every Crawford thread, demanding an independant review on a stock car.

Even though you did your best with whatever the circumstances were, you dropped the ball by your own standards in the eyes of most people. Set yourself up to fall. I personally thought you were a little partial in the posts. Judging from the attitude you took toward Crawford before the dynos, it would have done you well to keep to the most objective standards in posting the review.

Dan
Old 02-08-2004, 08:44 PM
titankiller

I've been watching this since my post some weeks ago and have noticed a few things other than HFM's persistant imitation of "Richard Cranium". HFM makes a post without dynos;go figure!! HFM gets someone else to dyno their car instead of his; go figure!! HFM and crew performs a dnyo with giving the ecu time to remap with the mod; go figure!! HFM still has no mods from anyone; GO FIGURE!!!! So many Z's with Crawford mods; HFM still with none!!
I think the only people that HFM has to talk to is the people on this forum and he is in need of any attention whether good or bad. SO please ignore him peolple, and maybe he will stay away for good this time or at least until he buys a sticker, valve stem cap or something! Get a life dude or something with some hair around it !!

Dick is short for Richard - Cranium is the scientific term for head.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:34 PM
rodH

Originally posted by flynnibus

I find it incredibly ironic that you hold the 6.5hp gain of the popcharger like gospel, yet how many 'independant' dynos are there to back that up? You've seen one or two and its gospel? What about all the people that saw little or no gain? Maybe.. just maybe.. your plenum testing could fall under the same situation. Not fact.. just a thought.

We had the JWT Popcharger for over a year.. and no one thought much of it.. all of a sudden in the last 3-4 months everyone thinks its God or something and is PROVEN 6.5hp.

Please.. this whole place is driven by mob mentality.
I am still trying to find the answers to this and the test pipe claims of 12 rwhp (ha, I have test pipes and would LOVE to get than # varified). ALso I would LOVE to see an indep pop-dyno as well, it is really is worth 6.5 (or even 5) rwhp, I am buying it real soon. I am not sure why I search everywhere and still can't find this dyno (this is an honest question and not a smart *** attack)
Old 02-08-2004, 09:40 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by rodH
ALso I would LOVE to see an indep pop-dyno as well, it is really is worth 6.5 (or even 5) rwhp, I am buying it real soon. I am not sure why I search everywhere and still can't find this dyno (this is an honest question and not a smart *** attack)
Uh.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....opcharger+dyno
Old 02-08-2004, 09:46 PM
rodH

Originally posted by FLY BY Z
Uh.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....opcharger+dyno
5,000 miles between dyno's?? dang, I want to believe this thing gets 11 hp for only 100 bucks, but I guess I still need to do more research, or maybe just buy it anyways. Oh well
Old 02-08-2004, 10:05 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by rodH
5,000 miles between dyno's?? dang, I want to believe this thing gets 11 hp for only 100 bucks, but I guess I still need to do more research, or maybe just buy it anyways. Oh well
I think what is more important is that the weather conditions were also better for the baseline. Anyways, this thread isn't about the popcharger so we should stop the hijack.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:56 AM
randyshemin@comcast.

hfm- my350Z.com Minister of Misinformation
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2004, 04:40 AM
KJY9

Originally posted by randyshemin@comcast.
hfm- my350Z.com Minister of Misinformation
Old 02-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Road Warrior

hfm,

first, thanks for the dynos....any information is better than none

however, given the opportunity you had and all of the hype associated with the independent dyno of the crawford plenum you dropped the ball. you wanted a comparison of stock vs plenum and YOU made that not happen. frankly, given the mods already on the car that was used for the dyno it was impressive to still achieve a gain. so in the end, you confirmed all of the previous claims of the crawford performance gains....again, thanks for posting the information but its really nothing we have not seen before....out

Quick Reply: Independent Crawford Plenum Review & Dyno