Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev wants suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 PM
whitez33350ztt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i meant to say there should be a way with uprev osiris to break 300 whp with full bolt ons and cams
Old 11-15-2009, 05:43 AM
GT-ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
Ok, but surely "it's better safe than sorry" no?
So what your saying is that knock detectors above 5000 rpm are almost worthless?
How can i protect my self against knock above 5000 then. Obviously i understand that a good tune is imperative, but i live in an area that sees temps as high as 33C in the summer and as low as 0C in the winter, and i cant get the car tuned twice a year. Not to mention what if one day you get bad gas?
I'm just trying to make the safest decision on a mild FI setup, and appreciate all the help possible.
I agree, Nissan is one of the few companies I know about that disables knock sensors after 5000rpm. While I know they lose sensitivity...having one eye is better than having no eye at all.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
viceversa

Say one were to get their hands on a device which could keep track of what gear you are currently in (manual transmission only). Would it be possible to utilize something like this to develop an automatic rev matching map to replicate the synchrorev-matching found on the 370z?

Last edited by viceversa; 11-18-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:27 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by viceversa
Say one were to get their hands on a device which could keep track of what gear you are currently in (manual transmission only). Would it be possible to utilize something like this to develop an automatic rev matching map to replicate the synchrorev-matching found on the 370z?
oOooo.....i like this
Old 11-19-2009, 07:23 AM
viceversa

Something like this seems very feasible assuming Osiris is able to track your current speed and your RPM's as well as controlling the drive by wire throttle system. But being able to register signals from a third party device tracking gear position is another story. What I have in mind is a device placed near the gate that simply registers the gear based on the position of the shaft.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM
viceversa

bump. UpRev have anything to comment about this?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 AM
UpRevDev
Banned

Originally Posted by viceversa
Something like this seems very feasible assuming Osiris is able to track your current speed and your RPM's as well as controlling the drive by wire throttle system. But being able to register signals from a third party device tracking gear position is another story. What I have in mind is a device placed near the gate that simply registers the gear based on the position of the shaft.
We recently added the ability to log gear position from Cipher for cars that support it. The sensors are definitely already there in the 370, but I'm not sure on the other models. Cipher queries each ECU when plugged in to see what logging parameters it supports. The best way to find out if the car supports it is to plug it in to Cipher and see. As far as aftermarket sensors, we could possibly add support for something like that if one existed, but I haven't heard of any hardware like that, and we don't really have the resources to build one. We are primarily a software company.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 PM
viceversa

Thank you for your response and for the info. I'm pretty sure 350z's and g35's do not have the ability to track gear position but I could be wrong. If not, maybe we can look into some how migrating the hardware the 370z uses to track gear position over to a 350z/g35.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

i've paid $700 for Osiris (and haven't used it) and now that it dropped $200, how much do i have to pay for upgrading it to the Tuner version??

Last edited by maXmood; 12-01-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
kidrobot

I ran the UpRev software updater today and it downloaded a couple files.

Now when I start the Cipher software it tells me to update my cable firmware to 1.71 or newer, and then closes.

When I check the cable manager folder, all I see is the 1.70 interfacefirmwarev170. I am also unable to locate 1.71 on their website.

Am I missing something here

EDIT** After reinstalling everything from scratch and doing the updates during the install, I see 1.71 there. Keeping here for future reference.

Last edited by kidrobot; 12-05-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

^thanks for the tip.. i'll do that today.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:25 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

is it possible to scale the injectors with the Tuner version?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maXmood
is it possible to scale the injectors with the Tuner version?
This may help you: Post 126

Originally Posted by UpRev
Thats for Osiris Standard. With Osiris Tuner you can tune it yourself to handle injectors of pretty much any size. Or if you have a Pro Tuner you'd like to work with, they can already do that.

Two weeks ago we finished a TT G35 with HKS 1000cc injectors and AEM injector driver. Using nothing more than the stock ECU and Osiris Pro.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
This may help you: Post 126
cheers
Old 12-20-2009, 05:09 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i looked through this but didn't find it.

Is there ANYWAY we can get wideband support on the 03-04 ecu's? I'm kind of sick of having to log in my innovate software AND cipher at the same time and then when i tune i have to go back and forth since they don't interface.

Can we at least add the newer OEM widebands into our downpipes and somehow get a signal from it? I would be willing to add even the OEM ones onto the car if i could get it to wire into the ecu somehow.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

possibly a dumb question, but oh well, I've asked worse.

Is it possible to set different idle rpm's for different maps? curious if any AT owners have experimented with setting idle higher for a drag racing map. I know, I know, holding the brake and giving a little throttle is just too difficult. : )
Old 12-23-2009, 07:00 AM
redline06

Up-rev i guess i cant PM u on here but i did leave u a message on the uprev website a couple days ago im not sure if that went through,
-Eddie
Old 12-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Sparks03Max

Ok so. Since our new website won't have a forum on it for a few weeks, I figured I'd start the discussion here.

I'm looking for insight from customers. What you wish a software tuning company would build for your car. Please keep it to one post, try and make a valid point, and update your post as you feel necessary. I do not want this to become an argument. I just want to know what you feel is missing out there.

We're getting ready to release Ver 2.0, and I'd like to know if we're on point or if we're going to start a revolution.

There are a number of you that are rather familiar with our product, and some of you that may not understand what we offer. I want to hear from everyone, the more feedback on whats missing out there, the better.

I may not even respond unless I seek clarity on your ideas, I don't want to end up leading anyone to what you might think I want to hear. I want your ideas (not mine).

I will say again, please keep it sane and leave the flamewars for elsewhere, no arguments, just some ideas. I'll have the thread locked or deleted if it gets out of hand.
Offer people with the older VQ35 ECU (like maximas among others) to ship their ECUs to you for extra memory install and Osiris reflash! We don't have a market as big as the Z/G, but I think it would be worth your time... This splicing UTEC thing is getting old.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 AM
CSF

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
I have Cipher now and only ever use it to clear the occasional code when necessary because the interface works so poorly on my carPC. Without better carPC integration, I have no reason to upgrade.

Optimally, some kind of API so that cipher can be controlled and output displayed by a front end. This way the information it gathers and capabilities it has can truly be integrated into the car. This would make it possible for us Z owners to build a little bit of the coolness of the GTR into our own cars. For instance a popular frontend like RoadRunner is capable of passing commands to iGuidance and displaying its output for gps mapping. Throw on top of that the recent availability of cheap g meters and GPS and if integrated properly the possibility of racetrack data collection.

But I have asked for this before, so it seems like a pie in the sky request.

So barring that, I wish it worked better on small screens (target 700x500 or so) and was more user friendly if used in the same car over and over again. So at minimum, it would be nice if it displayed the the last used gauges at application start up without any other user input. Having those large buttons that take up the whole screen, another window to tell me it is connected, then to verify I want to see all the same stuff again and then resizing everything is a waste of time I gave up doing a long time ago.
We've actually had this in the pipeline for ages. Don't expect it to be perfect right out of the box when we release it, but we've already laid the ground work to make the interface for Cipher user tweakable. We've just been so busy updating and adding to our software that we haven't had the time.

Hopefully you'll see updates shortly as we wrap up some stuff that we've been working heavily on.

We added a second developer recently to help us catch up on the software issues and adding features.
Any update on this? I would love to be able to integrate this with my carPC.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:21 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

If you know speed and rpms, and gearing is fixed (model year dependent), then the computer can figure out what gear the trans is in, 5AT or 6MT. You don't need sensors of any kind... That said, offering rev matching de novo in an ECU not designed to support it seems to be a less than trivial request considering the amount of original high performance (real time) coding that would be required.

Any news on being able to program the 5AT TCM?

Quick Reply: Uprev wants suggestions.