Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Guys, check your Osiris Tuner! We have Torque Management now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:08 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Hmmm... there must be a reason UpRev is not advertising/marketing this feature. They would take all the business away from VB upgrades. That's $700 saved (with installation) for all 5AT owners. Jared, where are you?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maXmood
osiris is becoming so useless to me since i got the haltech.
Oh Yesssssssssss Haltech is KING! I agree
Old 10-21-2010, 08:04 AM
CustomGsedan

I know Osiris has a (relatively) new launch control feature that addressed fuel cut when applying brake and throttle for brake torguing (launch at drag strip)... I'm the one that asked them to developed it - I sent data logs a while back and they confirmed that applying brake and throttle does momentarily cut power (something I've been saying for years but many don't seem to think so)... the only problem is you lose cruise control so you have to be flashed back after drag strip to get CC back... I've only been to the track once or twice since development but didn't have time to get reflashed so I haven't tried the feature yet - but Dsskyline has (haven't heard much feedback from him about it).

ETC (electronic throttle control) is VERY worthwhile - I had Shawn Church add that a long while back and it greatly improves low end & off the like torque! A must for AT since dyno tuning only begins at 3K rmp...

I'm not familiar (but extremely intrigued) with this new "torque management"... I don't see anything on UpRevs site about it - but I intend to take the car to Shawn and have him reflash with it... I'll report back after complete (for those interested).

+1 for Jared request...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:23 AM
GT-ER

So should I leave ETC ON or OFF?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:32 AM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT-ER
So should I leave ETC ON or OFF?
If you leave it off your throttle will be sensitive. If you have tuner just reflash it back on if you don't like it.

I wish that you could do it for certain maps.

Mike (customGsedan) I tried the ETC on/off not the torque management. I will look into it and try it at the track in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 AM
rcdash

What happens when ETC is turned off exactly? Is this just changing the relationship between accelerator pedal to throttle position? Opening the throttle sooner?
Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
What happens when ETC is turned off exactly? Is this just changing the relationship between accelerator pedal to throttle position? Opening the throttle sooner?
It's one of the 'undocumented' features. Although I think you're on the right track, best to have Jared answer it.

BTW the best way to fix the brake+throttle cut is to intercept pin 108 at the ECU. That way it won't mess with cruise control, other than the brake no longer disables it. I just installed a switch near the gauge cluster to open/close the circuit,

Last edited by djamps; 10-25-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 AM
CustomGsedan

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
If you leave it off your throttle will be sensitive. If you have tuner just reflash it back on if you don't like it.

I wish that you could do it for certain maps.

Mike (customGsedan) I tried the ETC on/off not the torque management. I will look into it and try it at the track in a couple of weeks.
Derek, I meant the brake/throttle power cutt (for brake torque lanlunching)- that I emailed to you... you talked to Jared and got that - right?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

No response from jared?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by CustomGsedan
Derek, I meant the brake/throttle power cutt (for brake torque lanlunching)- that I emailed to you... you talked to Jared and got that - right?
Yeah it's the ETC on/off which worked when I tried it. I pull consistent 2.0-1.9 60fts on street tires.

I couldn't do that before.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:48 PM
rcdash

So is this ETC just the brake lamp switch - throttle limiting circuit? If so, I've already got that signal (ECU pin 101 for me) tied to a 2 step auxiliary rev limiter with the Haltech, which works great with my 5AT for a brake torque launch.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:58 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So is this ETC just the brake lamp switch - throttle limiting circuit?
That's part of it. But I also think it is some other stuff too, for example, speed limit, VDC related functions, or anything torque / throttle cut related. My limited understanding is it basically behaves like a cable throttle. Haven't tested any of these things though, would be nice to hear from Jared.

Last edited by djamps; 10-26-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:33 AM
CustomGsedan

yes, I too wish Jared would clarify... I was under the impression we are referencing three different things here:

1) ETC (electronic throttle control, which has been out for quite a while now)

2) relatively new feature to address fuel cut when applying brake and accelerator (for drag strip launch) - I have no idea what UpRev is calling this, but I'm not sure anyone is actually using what I'm referring to.

3) the seemingly new feature that this thread started about "Torque Management"...

It seems some (if not all) of these are now being referred to together... now I'm wondering if the ETC (which is old) is actually the torque management that is mentioned... and I'm perplexed that Derek is using the ETC and it's addressing the brake torque fuel cut... maybe its not three different things

Jared - clarification pleeze
Old 10-27-2010, 04:32 AM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by djamps
That's part of it. But I also think it is some other stuff too, for example, speed limit, VDC related functions, or anything torque / throttle cut related. My limited understanding is it basically behaves like a cable throttle. Haven't tested any of these things though, would be nice to hear from Jared.
That's how Jared explained it to me that it would behave as if you had a cable. This torque management must be something new because i tried the ETC thing back in May.

Is the folder labeled torque management? I haven't updated my osiris yet.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 AM
GT-ER

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
That's how Jared explained it to me that it would behave as if you had a cable. This torque management must be something new because i tried the ETC thing back in May.

Is the folder labeled torque management? I haven't updated my osiris yet.
Yes, it's a new folder.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:53 PM
denchan350gt

I got it when I just updated my osiris rom editor.The torque management folder is new.

Did you max out all the cells when you tried it?

The feature I tried is ETC on/off in the settings folder the one above torque management. Have you tried that yet?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:14 PM
CLyons0203

Update on this? Im interested
Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 AM
rcdash

Alright, I sent off an e-mail to Jared - let the confusion cease soon, I hope! The transgo kit does nothing for the 4-5 shift. I'm wondering how I can identify the cells to change to just affect that?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 AM
GT-ER

Alright, I sent off an e-mail to Jared - let the confusion cease soon, I hope! The transgo kit does nothing for the 4-5 shift. I'm wondering how I can identify the cells to change to just affect that?
I don't think you can.

I'm thinking of this the other way around. When I had my Pontiac Grand Prix my tranny started to slip badly when I got to 350whp. I used the torque management to decrease timing just as my car would shift and my problem was solved. Super crisp shifts and 350+whp without a single tranny failure. I'm hoping to do the same thing in my G35 to allow for my stock tranny to hold 500whp on my Vortech.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:52 PM
PunKidd

OK, so...

ETC table A, yeah, we still don't really know how that one works. It's a real balancing act when you try to come up with a table that will give you 100% opening from a dead stop. Our tuned tables just took a lot of trial and error.

ETC on/off setting. This guy basically makes the throttle act like there is a cable. The ECU just taked the accelerator input and makes that the throttle position target. It's not totally stabile, it does disable curse control, and it doesn't get rid of the break power pull (although with it turned off if you press the break twice, the power pull does go away. No idea why and we havent' done much testing with it).

Torque management is another one of those undocumented features. The ONLY thing this table is used for is that it changes how much torque the ECU tells the AT controller to expect. Higher values will cause higher line pressures and in turn harder shifts. We are a still doing a lot of testing with this. It's particularly useful on forced induction applications where the delivered torque really is a lot higher than stock. We can't really say if this is going to make valve body modifications obsolete, but it looks like it will.

As far as launch control, we never got that one figured out, but it's still something we want to do. There are a few people doing what I would call a quasi launch control using map switching, but it's not a stabile as typical launch control. Mainly because it cuts fuel and spark instead of just spark.

And if you think these undocumented features are bad, you need to try playing with the latest ROM editor which finally supports real time tuning, logging, and map tracing all at the same time. Yeah, NONE of that is in the user guide yet even though it's been released, but I will be rewriting the whole thing when I get back from SEMA / LA trip next week.

Jared@UpRev.com

Quick Reply: Guys, check your Osiris Tuner! We have Torque Management now!