Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Guys, check your Osiris Tuner! We have Torque Management now!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

custom is happy with the upshifts but not the downshifts. Says it's too soggy on the downshifts.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:29 PM
CLyons0203

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i got Osiris standard would I be able to change these things? Or do I have to get the tuner version?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
PunKidd

We don't tweak the torque table on Osiris Standard orders. We've really only found it to make a big difference on FI applications.
You could tweak it yourself with Osiris Tuner if you wanted to.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:51 AM
CLyons0203

Tell me if I got this correct?

ETC Table A - adjustable feature that basically lets you adjust throttle sensitivity. Kinda like a sprint booster, but this table can be adjusted to allow full 100% open throttle near red line. I think the throttle closes down to 80% open near red line on a stock map.

ETC On\Off - a switch to turn throttle mapping off. The throttle is basically like a cable throttle, whatever the gas pedal does, the throttle does. Disables cruise control. Does it affect traction control? Shifting?

Torque Management - makes the ECU see higher torque values, which in turn will cause the ECU to ask the TCU for higher line pressure to shift harder. Turned up all the way cause very very slow down shifting, but makes up shifting very fast. What happens if you just increase this by a little and not all the way??

The only feature including in your basic tune right now is ETC Table A? To do the others would require the tuner version of osiris?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:38 AM
CustomGsedan

^^^ good synopsis...

regarding the torque management, (fwiw) I havent had time to get with Shawn Church - but we discussed messing with the values and trying to get rid of the sluggish downshifts...

Hopefully Jared has tweaked it and can chime in on his findings for happy medium... the upshifts are nice, but not worth the extreme delay and soft downshifts (for me).
Old 02-19-2011, 04:00 PM
MardiGrasMax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will the torque management feature help me?

Will the torque management feature help me?

My trans slips in the initial part of the 3-4 shift. Check out my video below and watch the tach in the 3-4 shift. This 3-4 slip is costing me more than a couple of tenths I am sure!

I have a valve body that was done by SGP back in the day, one of the originals, its works okay in 1-2 and 2-3, but 3-4 slips just on the initial shift, then ultimately holds. Also if I let it shift in auto it will hit the rev limiter every time. I am considering the Transgo Kit on a fresh VB.

Can any of the boosted guys who have just the Transgo kit say if in auto their trans shifts fast enough to not hit the rev limiter and is the 3-4 shift solid like the 1-2 and 2-3?

The new torque management feature has me wondering if this is what I need? I know Uprev did a good bit of research on this with the Titan guys who have the same trans we have. They R&D this on '"toomaymods" who is a boosted Titan with the same trans we have, he seems happy, but also has the trans go kit. Jared, can you please let me know what you think?

Here is my drag video that shows the 3-4 slip.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KQOEejGkf0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by MardiGrasMax; 02-19-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:34 PM
kartkid

With the trans go kit and using the up-rev you will find it to shift harder than
you will like and by playing with it you can get the shifts you want before the rev limiter or if you are built you can adjust the rev limit to get what you want..

contact Vince at RT Tuning he has a better handle on it..

P.S. nice G35
Old 02-20-2011, 01:36 PM
kartkid

With the trans go kit and using the up-rev you will find it to shift harder than
you will like and by playing with it you can get the shifts you want before the rev limiter or if you are built you can adjust the rev limit to get what you want..

P.S. nice G35 is that right you are at 10 afr at red line?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:49 PM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

Originally Posted by djamps
I wish I had a 5AT to use this on
hey bro! im going to Hill's sat to get dyno tuned and the Osiris installed on my Goofmobile. Im def going to ask Frank about the torque management on my 5at because i dont have the VB upgrade yet, but if this happens to save me from having to get the upgrade this is AWESOME!!! would you want to come by for the tune?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:25 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll try to stop by for sure. Are you F/I (I can't recall)? If not, I don't think the tq management is worth the time you'll pay frank to mess with, he's a bad *** tuner but he ain't the cheapest either LOL.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:28 PM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

Originally Posted by djamps
I'll try to stop by for sure. Are you F/I (I can't recall)? If not, I don't think the tq management is worth the time you'll pay frank to mess with, he's a bad *** tuner but he ain't the cheapest either LOL.
yeah just recently installed Ati procharger with upgraded 9 lb pulley along with my jst s1 cams etc

Last edited by atomicgoofball; 02-20-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by CLyons0203
Tell me if I got this correct?

ETC Table A - adjustable feature that basically lets you adjust throttle sensitivity. Kinda like a sprint booster, but this table can be adjusted to allow full 100% open throttle near red line. I think the throttle closes down to 80% open near red line on a stock map.

ETC On\Off - a switch to turn throttle mapping off. The throttle is basically like a cable throttle, whatever the gas pedal does, the throttle does. Disables cruise control. Does it affect traction control? Shifting?

Torque Management - makes the ECU see higher torque values, which in turn will cause the ECU to ask the TCU for higher line pressure to shift harder. Turned up all the way cause very very slow down shifting, but makes up shifting very fast. What happens if you just increase this by a little and not all the way??

The only feature including in your basic tune right now is ETC Table A? To do the others would require the tuner version of osiris?
Pretty much. Tuning ETC A can be tricky. Big changes make it unstable so good luck if you want to play with that table. We don't do much with it except load our tuned table.

Sorry I can't provide more feedback on the Torque table. We really haven't done much testing with it. None at all on NA vehicles. I'm sure there is plenty of fun stuff that can be done with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the valve body upgrades obsolete, but we just don't have the time to do the testing on it here right now.

Jared@uprev.com
Old 02-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

I have done some messing with it on N/A Titan trucks some G35's
and the guys love it...essentially you raise the values in small increments and you start to feel slightly stiffer shifts till the cust has his liking...

On the flip side when you raise those values if you are not under higher load you will get quicker up shifts cause the ecu wants to see that target request torque... and when it doesnt see it it quickly up shifts...likewise it take more throttle input to get the trans to downshift...

It really does make the trans feel a lot firmer without getting that harsh shifting that valve body mods can sometimes do...
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
PunKidd

Cool. Thanks for the feedback Vince. I'll have a car to do some testing on in the next few weeks when we get some of these TT projects out of the way.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
MardiGrasMax

Originally Posted by kartkid

P.S. nice G35
Thanks.

I still wonder if it is just my old SGP valve body and if the folks who have just the trans go and have boost get a 3/4 slip like I get?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:28 PM
CustomGsedan

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
I have done some messing with it on N/A Titan trucks some G35's
and the guys love it...essentially you raise the values in small increments and you start to feel slightly stiffer shifts till the cust has his liking...

On the flip side when you raise those values if you are not under higher load you will get quicker up shifts cause the ecu wants to see that target request torque... and when it doesnt see it it quickly up shifts...likewise it take more throttle input to get the trans to downshift...

It really does make the trans feel a lot firmer without getting that harsh shifting that valve body mods can sometimes do...
is the sluggish downshift directly related to how high the values are raised? Higher values = slower/more sluggish downshifts?... I'm not sure what my current setting is, but upshifts are crisp and snappy, downshifts are horribly slow and sloppy... if the values are lowered, will the downshifts improve? and if so how much will be lost in the upshifts?

I realize there hasnt been much tweaking with this feature yet - and once I have an opportunity to have mine dialed in I'll post what I can - but since you have first hand experience and seem well versed, your feedback is appreciated
Old 02-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

^^^ yes, essentially since the values are raised it needs to see a lil more throttle input for it to downshift. So when you apply half throttle input normally it would downshift and take off, but since those values are raised it needs more throttle input to downshift...and when it doesn't see it, line pressure is low and it might only be down shifting based of speed and load which might make it soft and sloppy.

If ya send me your map I will take a look at it and see if i can mod it for ya to feel all better...
Old 02-25-2011, 01:11 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by MardiGrasMax
Will the torque management feature help me?

My trans slips in the initial part of the 3-4 shift. Check out my video below and watch the tach in the 3-4 shift. This 3-4 slip is costing me more than a couple of tenths I am sure!

I have a valve body that was done by SGP back in the day, one of the originals, its works okay in 1-2 and 2-3, but 3-4 slips just on the initial shift, then ultimately holds. Also if I let it shift in auto it will hit the rev limiter every time. I am considering the Transgo Kit on a fresh VB.

Can any of the boosted guys who have just the Transgo kit say if in auto their trans shifts fast enough to not hit the rev limiter and is the 3-4 shift solid like the 1-2 and 2-3?

The new torque management feature has me wondering if this is what I need? I know Uprev did a good bit of research on this with the Titan guys who have the same trans we have. They R&D this on '"toomaymods" who is a boosted Titan with the same trans we have, he seems happy, but also has the trans go kit. Jared, can you please let me know what you think?

Here is my drag video that shows the 3-4 slip.
It looks like your t/c is free spinning - that's why the rpms hold steady. I think it's the t/c lock up clutch or perhaps your clutch packs. Mine doesn't work like that (see the 0-140 vid starting from 0:40 secs). So this is with no valve body at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NL9lRTY8P8#t=0m40s

Oh yeah, you need better tires!

Last edited by rcdash; 02-25-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:11 AM
CustomGsedan

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
^^^ yes, essentially since the values are raised it needs to see a lil more throttle input for it to downshift. So when you apply half throttle input normally it would downshift and take off, but since those values are raised it needs more throttle input to downshift...and when it doesn't see it, line pressure is low and it might only be down shifting based of speed and load which might make it soft and sloppy.

If ya send me your map I will take a look at it and see if i can mod it for ya to feel all better...
thanks for the response... when I have a chance (and the weather cooperates), I'll do some street tweaking with Shawn Church and see if we can find a happy medium... I appreciate your info, and if I can't get it dialed in I'll contact you for email fix - thanks again
Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
MardiGrasMax

Originally Posted by rcdash
It looks like your t/c is free spinning - that's why the rpms hold steady. I think it's the t/c lock up clutch or perhaps your clutch packs. Mine doesn't work like that (see the 0-140 vid starting from 0:40 secs). So this is with no valve body at all?

Oh yeah, you need better tires!
1.8 60's with 295 R888s, hookin pretty good IMHO

I have a VB that was modified by SGP back some time ago, they were the first to offer it. I have my suspisions that its not as good as the Transgo stuff. I do have a ProTorque converter installed. Im at a loss about this. Your 3-4 is perfect, I may just have to save up for a baller GTM trans I have a spare stock VB, so for the price I think the Transgo stuff is worth a shot. Im due for a fluid change soon anyhow, so thats half the expense right their. I hope its not my clutch packs...

Quick Reply: Guys, check your Osiris Tuner! We have Torque Management now!