Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

what little or big things did you find out AFTER you purchased the Z.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
NismoZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
I realized how dissappointing the performance was. Test driving the car, I was actaully thinking: this is it? This is all it has? Read the forums a bit and I thought it fell back on my driving abilities and not ever driving a 'drive by wire' car. I honestly felt like the guy from Top Gear, in that, I don't doubt the car performs as claimed, but never feels like it could. I then came to the huge realization that turbos might resolve this- oh, man was I right. I guess I didn't realize the potential of this car (to put a positive spin on it)

Other things I noticed:
Z looks unfinished without a front lip
Z actual has a fair amount of wheel gap from the factory
cup holder is cheap
How light the hood was
How HARD it is to check the oil - nearly impossible

Z hater maybe the one you test drove was a cheap one from a salvage yard cause thats prob all you can afford. If you drove a real Z you would see how great this car is for the price and performance you get. Wait you prob dont even have a Z ur prob rolling in a g a y saturn or miata
Old 07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Not everyone is a hermit crab like you, some people actually had sex to reproduce!

huh? i mean, i have a wife and kid and all that stuff. i am just saying, i don't see why a child would be climbing into a car through the window, especially with no supervision. i mean little kids (ages 3-5) should have someone watching them anyways and if they are 6 years old or above and messing around your car, they are up to no good. but i am still trying to figure out the logic to where a small child would not only have their head in the car but someone would push and hold the button on the remote to make the window go up.

sounds like another case of companies having to pander to a few morons.

ps - i like my shell
Old 07-08-2009, 05:30 AM
lyork92

Default World Overpopulated anyway

Originally Posted by illjim69

huh? i mean, i have a wife and kid and all that stuff. i am just saying, i don't see why a child would be climbing into a car through the window, especially with no supervision. i mean little kids (ages 3-5) should have someone watching them anyways and if they are 6 years old or above and messing around your car, they are up to no good. but i am still trying to figure out the logic to where a small child would not only have their head in the car but someone would push and hold the button on the remote to make the window go up.

sounds like another case of companies having to pander to a few morons.

ps - i like my shell

they world is over populated anyway, why would it matter if a kid get their head caught?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Boogshag

Originally Posted by lyork92
they world is over populated anyway, why would it matter if a kid get their head caught?
good point! But really, Im sure it's that way as a just in case. Just in case that stupid kid is hanging out the window, or maybe your girlfriend or something. Wait, maybe that could do some of us a favor...
Old 07-08-2009, 06:12 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

ummmm, why would some little kid have their head in my car without my knowledge? sounds like they deserve getting a window rolled up on them.
Ummm, some of us DO have kids, and Nissan did not design the Z JUST for you?
Anyway, the roll-up module is only around $50 as I recall.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Zb33GONE

Originally Posted by Vamos_Rafael
after a couple weeks of driving it...
i find the power not as intense as when i first got it
Originally Posted by joseph109783
Its in the back of her throat.
ahahahahaha. jokes.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Ummm, some of us DO have kids, and Nissan did not design the Z JUST for you?
Anyway, the roll-up module is only around $50 as I recall.
reading can be your friend, i said i have a kid, more planned. my daughter doesn't go hanging all over daddy's car like it's a jungle gym. my parents would whip my rear end when i was little if i was hanging all over the cars and playing in them without them being around.

i remember my mom had this red Camaro that she loved. she kept it clean, just like most guys do with their cars here and i can assure you that if i used that car as some form of gym equipment, my azz would have matched the color of the car.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
That I needed twin turbo !
Fixed

Last edited by midz350; 07-08-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:00 PM
zman600

Originally Posted by zemmaz
Roll down the window without going into the auto function. Roll back up, also without going into auto function. Once window is up, hold for at least 10 seconds. You can then count an extra 1-3 seconds while holding the switch in auto and reset the distance the window will automatically roll down when you open and close the door. You can also us this to reset the switch if the auto function on the window starts to act up.
wait what?!? this sound cool but i dont understand what its for
Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 PM
fastest_ex

Default lmfao

Originally Posted by davidv
350Z + snow = Hello telephone pole!
i read your reply and laugh all night dude thats funny
Old 03-04-2010, 12:03 PM
needed 2

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
I bought my Z new in 07, and was a little suprised by the flux capacitor...
i wish my '05 came with that lmfaooo
Old 03-04-2010, 06:51 PM
3-fifty-WeEe
Banned

Originally Posted by fastest_ex
i read your reply and laugh all night dude thats funny

dont give davidv credit, hes terrible enough
Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

reading can be your friend, i said i have a kid, more planned. my daughter doesn't go hanging all over daddy's car like it's a jungle gym. my parents would whip my rear end when i was little if i was hanging all over the cars and playing in them without them being around.
late reply, but sorry, the post i was responding to did not mention kids. Besides that, I remember a few years back going to a concert with some friends; since I was not driving, my attitude was somewhat, ahem, adjusted. I decided to throw my coat into the back seat of the car I rode in, and just as I reached in the open window, the driver rolled up the window on my freaking arm. Not life threatening but i sure wish it had rolled back down as soon as it hit my arm rather than continuing to try for the top. Dayum!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:57 PM
mattoattacko

Originally Posted by gmueip
That Nissan cannot design a good push button mechanism for the cubbies.
That Z paint chips so easily. As a matter of fact I just got a chip typing this.
Found this thread when trying to figure out WTF the "house" looking buttons on the rear view were for.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the push button for the center cubby sucks. Kinda funny though, my wife can't make it open for the life of her. I've learned the trick is to just super fast tap it and it will open 50% of the time every time... Also yah, the stock paint is horribly thin

Things that amused me once I found out about them:

1) The little window with a lock on it on the door is the "door lock" function. I had always assumed it was a window lock feature. I had the car for 3 months thinking there was no door lock button except on the key fob. Never really thought about how stupid that would be to have since its a 2 seater and, assuming you were locking them so the kids couldn't play with them, you could just reach over and smack them.

2) This could be a "feature" of all newer cars, but I had previously only really owned early 90s sports cars that were easy to tinker with so I was kinda shocked at how much of a nightmare it is to do the simplest things to the car. Things like check the oil, take off the lights, replace the battery, etc. I especially get annoyed by all the covering in the engine bay that hides everything.

3) When pulled over by a police officer, trying to open your glove box that isn't there makes you look like a drunk. Took me a good 10 seconds to remember that its behind the passenger seat...not in front of it.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found that I couldn't read the tiny numbers in the trip computer/speedometer. It was easy enough to fix with a plastic paint can cap and a piece of plastic Freznel lens, so now the numbers appear twice their normal size.

Last edited by winchman; 08-27-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

^ Wow.....lol...

I lub the thread bump....
-J
Old 09-25-2010, 05:47 AM
04 Enthusiast Z

Does the rear-view mirror "auto dimmer" really work? Everytime I start my Z, the "auto" light on the mirror illuminates but when there are bright lights behind me at night, it doesn't seem to dim. Any ideas?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:35 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, it works. Next time somebody is behind you at night, turn the auto-dim off.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
BxMyler

Well... I cant find the d*mn hatch release button from the inside...
Old 11-10-2010, 12:46 PM
TheWan

the windows go up even when you shut the engine off as long as you havn't opened the door after you shut the car off.

i can't find the hatch button either...

Quick Reply: what little or big things did you find out AFTER you purchased the Z.......