Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

My Dilemma: 370Z vs. Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

*flings poo on Vo*
Old 11-15-2008, 12:43 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
^^ As usual...you never change.
No need to change....I'm right, "as usual." End of story.

BTW, GM is not going bankrupt because of quality, moron, it's because of their slow development time, huge investments in developing new vehicles, and ridculous overhead and payroll. They've got $20 billion in inventory sitting at dealerships all over the world because people can't get financing and other companies are offering better alternatives.....the actual build quality of the vehicles has been good for a while....that is not the issue at all. If you had a clue about the automobile business you might actually know that, but we all know, as you've demonstrated many times, you're clueless.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Sea Bass

Again, the one that ran 13.8 at 103 was a manual not a automatic. The video was posted as proof.

You have yet to PROVE ANYONE wrong here. The Camaro may beat it, or may not. Fact is YOU have no clue. Per the specifications, it MAY NOT because of how much it will weigh.
I stated facts regarding the weights and stated power, you stated conjecture (using the Challenger, and not even getting it right). Quit trying to change the discussion here. You said flat out the 370Z will beat the Camaro SS in a straight line, and quoted a Challenger as your proof. NOw you've changed your tune to MAY? So, are you admitting you're wrong? By the way... where in that video does it state the Challenger was a manual? I sure didn't see anything.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:57 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by bauertt
OMGAWESOME response.

I thought it was common sense we weren't comparing higher end vehicles in this. As in, You can buy two Z's for the price of a C6. So yeah, Common sense should tell you that a C6 would be better. I mean heck, it's only TWICE THE PRICE + a bit.

But hey, let's not split hairs, if we're going that way... GT-R owns your C6 or Z06 as well. Doesn't touch the ZR-1, I'll concede but we'll revisit this when the V-Spec comes out.

So for the less then common sense people out there ie: ZZtop, when I made my comment it was based upon fair market value, inside say.. $5000? So I can't compare a GT-R as being OMG BETTER then the Chevy Aveo. Dur.

Don't let the facts get your way. You can buy new C6's all day long for under $40K...that's only a few grand more than a 350Z with a few options. "TWICE THE PRICE + a bit"?? Hardly.

BTW, I sat in the new Camaro at SEMA, and Nissan will be hard pressed to match the fit, finish, and interior quality of this new GM offering....and with a 422 HP V8 for $32K, it smokes the old and new Z as far as value. It's a matter of personal taste which car you choose, but you can't use poor GM quality as a factor. It's simply not a valid point anymore.

As far as the fugly GTR "owning" the Z06....you can have it. If I wanted to drive a shaved cinder block with wheels, I'd buy one.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:01 PM
HyperKnight
Stulax makes me cream

Received 631 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
This thread has turned into a mud slinging fest...
*flings a cup of pee at Vo*
Old 11-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^ hyperknight eats doo-doo butter.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:29 PM
RedBeauty84ZX

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
Don't let the facts get your way. You can buy new C6's all day long for under $40K...that's only a few grand more than a 350Z with a few options. "TWICE THE PRICE + a bit"?? Hardly.

BTW, I sat in the new Camaro at SEMA, and Nissan will be hard pressed to match the fit, finish, and interior quality of this new GM offering....and with a 422 HP V8 for $32K, it smokes the old and new Z as far as value. It's a matter of personal taste which car you choose, but you can't use poor GM quality as a factor. It's simply not a valid point anymore.

As far as the fugly GTR "owning" the Z06....you can have it. If I wanted to drive a shaved cinder block with wheels, I'd buy one.
I can assure you I will be BLOWN AWAY if the Camaros fit and finish and overall quality is as good as the 370Zs. I've been in every generation Camaro and been around tons of new and old GM products and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the Camaro and most all GMs products fit and finish SUCKS. Even the last generation Fbodys interior was HORRIBLE quality. The new Camaro is heavy....and GM is rating them performance wise at about the same level or a little quicker then the last generation LS1 Camaros. Honestly the 370Z will be right their in that performance category(high 12 second car) so so regardless of its "422HP" it dosnt smoke or even get close to smoking the new Z in value. And were only talking about acceleration right now, as far as braking/handling you would be a fool to think the new 4000lb boat GM is making is going to out handle/brake the new 370Z. The 370Z is a sports car, the Camaro is a muscle car. Neither car is out yet so we will have to wait for their release to get definitive results.

As far as the GTR comment goes, the new Camaro FAR MORE resembles a "shaved cinder block" then the GTR does....and this is theory is proven when you compare the aerodynamic statistics of each car.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
I can assure you I will be BLOWN AWAY if the Camaros fit and finish and overall quality is as good as the 370Zs. I've been in every generation Camaro and been around tons of new and old GM products and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the Camaro and most all GMs products fit and finish SUCKS. Even the last generation Fbodys interior was HORRIBLE quality. The new Camaro is heavy....and GM is rating them performance wise at about the same level or a little quicker then the last generation LS1 Camaros. Honestly the 370Z will be right their in that performance category(high 12 second car) so so regardless of its "422HP" it dosnt smoke or even get close to smoking the new Z in value. And were only talking about acceleration right now, as far as braking/handling you would be a fool to think the new 4000lb boat GM is making is going to out handle/brake the new 370Z. The 370Z is a sports car, the Camaro is a muscle car. Neither car is out yet so we will have to wait for their release to get definitive results.

As far as the GTR comment goes, the new Camaro FAR MORE resembles a "shaved cinder block" then the GTR does....and this is theory is proven when you compare the aerodynamic statistics of each car.
What color is the sky in your world???
Old 11-15-2008, 01:56 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need to change....I'm right, "as usual." End of story.

BTW, GM is not going bankrupt because of quality, moron, it's because of their slow development time, huge investments in developing new vehicles, and ridculous overhead and payroll. They've got $20 billion in inventory sitting at dealerships all over the world because people can't get financing and other companies are offering better alternatives.....the actual build quality of the vehicles has been good for a while....that is not the issue at all. If you had a clue about the automobile business you might actually know that, but we all know, as you've demonstrated many times, you're clueless.
Wrong as usual. Why did Toyota pass GM? Why do people by Japan made cars over Domestics? Because they want reliability. GM doesn't have it. Reason why they can't sell cars.

I have owned plenty of Domestic GM cars to know their quality sucks.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:56 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Sea Bass
I stated facts regarding the weights and stated power, you stated conjecture (using the Challenger, and not even getting it right). Quit trying to change the discussion here. You said flat out the 370Z will beat the Camaro SS in a straight line, and quoted a Challenger as your proof. NOw you've changed your tune to MAY? So, are you admitting you're wrong? By the way... where in that video does it state the Challenger was a manual? I sure didn't see anything.
You have really? Where? No one sees it. And you haven't backed anything up.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:14 PM
RedBeauty84ZX

What color is the sky in your world???
Its called common sense sir....if you want to compare any generation camaro to the same generation Z you will see that the fit and finish and quality is MUCH MUCH MUCH better on the Z. Been this way for nearly 40 years. The power to weight for the new SS Camaro and the new 370Z are very similar, the Camaro has a slight edge and should be a little faster in a straight line but not much. And thats the top of the line Camaro. Again, you're going to be a fool to think the Camaro is going to out handle/brake the new Z.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:00 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Its called common sense sir....if you want to compare any generation camaro to the same generation Z you will see that the fit and finish and quality is MUCH MUCH MUCH better on the Z. Been this way for nearly 40 years. The power to weight for the new SS Camaro and the new 370Z are very similar, the Camaro has a slight edge and should be a little faster in a straight line but not much. And thats the top of the line Camaro. Again, you're going to be a fool to think the Camaro is going to out handle/brake the new Z.
Try leaping into the 21st century. Maybe be you should read some of the rave reviews already given to the V6 Camaro by the mags....and they haven't even driven the SS yet. I'm no fan of the the old F bodies, but this is an all new car and if you think Nissan is always going to be the best thing since sliced bread, then put on the blinders and have a nice life, fan boy.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:04 PM
zero0 2 sixty

Wrong as usual. Why did Toyota pass GM? Why do people by Japan made cars over Domestics? Because they want reliability. GM doesn't have it. Reason why they can't sell cars.

i have a 2001 suburban with 125000 miles on it and all i do is regular maintence monthly and ive had one problem a single fuel injector thats it.....as long as u maintain a car mot of the time they last...depending on how bad the driver beats on it
Old 11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
ZZtopp

You can write "GM quality sucks" 1000 times but it doesn't make it anymore true than writing "Nissan's quality is great." Both statements are wrong, and true to form, so are you.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

GM knows how to build trucks, it's the cars that suck *** and the interiors that are cheaply made.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

You can write "GM quality sucks" 1000 times but it doesn't make it anymore true than writing "Nissan's quality is great." Both statements are wrong, and true to form, so are you.

I am not saying another word to someone that has a IQ of 2
Old 11-15-2008, 04:21 PM
ZZtopp

I am not saying another word to someone that has a IQ of 2
Oh please let be true!!! Will he actually STFU?? Doubtful.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:27 PM
ZZtopp

GM knows how to build trucks, it's the cars that suck *** and the interiors that are cheaply made.
Oh...so now it's just the cars that suck? What a tool. Pull your lips off the tailpipe of that grotesque Nismo thing you drive for five minutes and go drive a new G8 or CTS. You'll never admit it, but you'll find that the quality is exceptional. Let's see.....so now you'll say Pontiac and Cadillac are OK but not Chevy???
Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Sea Bass

You have really? Where? No one sees it. And you haven't backed anything up.
Fact: The Camaro will have 422 hp.
Fact: it will weigh 3800 lbs.
Fact: the Challenger SRT-4 weighs 4150 lbs and has 420 hp.
Fact: all first year Challengers come equipped with an automatic transmission only.

Again: you claimed the Challenger in the vid had a manual, yet you still haven't provided any proof of that. Stop talking trash if you can't actually back it up, you insolent child.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:49 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Sea Bass
Fact: The Camaro will have 422 hp.
Fact: it will weigh 3800 lbs.
Fact: the Challenger SRT-4 weighs 4150 lbs and has 420 hp.
Fact: all first year Challengers come equipped with an automatic transmission only.

Again: you claimed the Challenger in the vid had a manual, yet you still haven't provided any proof of that. Stop talking trash if you can't actually back it up, you insolent child.
FACT CHALLENGER TESTED IN VIDEO SHIFTED GEARS IN 1/4 VIDEO ABOVE. Are you that dense? Do you refuse to look at the video? You just refuse to watch the video and them shifting it through the gears.

You are the one spewing bs when the video is above posted proving you are wrong. Why you keep trying to ignore it douchebag?

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 11-15-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply: My Dilemma: 370Z vs. Camaro SS