Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ditched my vortech: Built motor, greddy twins, budget build: updated 9-18-2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:37 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get all the oil cleaned up?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

yep, the oil is all cleaned up.

Originally Posted by eltness350
haha its ADDICTING!! now u has boost.....turn the dial!!!
I know right! I was trying to figure out when I can go get it tuned again now that the BC is working.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM
nathanwl2004

looks and sounds awsome man. if all goes well we should be doing ours this weekend
Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^congrats to you sir. you'll love it.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
suprasam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cux, next time I'm home I would love to see your ride!!! I was down in Spartanburg this past week with my bros!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

nathan...details! Didnt know it was back on.

Originally Posted by suprasam
Cux, next time I'm home I would love to see your ride!!! I was down in Spartanburg this past week with my bros!
Let me know. I may be out of town for work though.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:00 PM
nathanwl2004

Originally Posted by Cux350z
nathan...details! Didnt know it was back on.
Yeah man, we bought kev and tami turbos and we were shooting to swap parts from car to car this weekend but our friend who was going to help us do the work has national guard stuff to do, so it looks like it'll have to be next weekend instead. It'll probably be a very low key setup for a while. Only looking to boost off the wastegate spring for the moment until I can build the fuel system. I'm gonna take it to cin motorsports to get it osiris tuned. Nothin too crazy but its a start.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

That's going to be a lot of work! Let me know if you have any questions. If you can wait till late may I could help out. Ill be in TX all april and parts of may. Skipping out on zdayz once again due to work.

tray@forged was able to source me bolts/gaskets/couplers if you end up needing greddy parts give them a ring.

WG springs are still fun, thats what I was running till I got the bc sorted out.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:59 PM
nathanwl2004

yeah deffinately gonna be a lotta work for sure. hopefully we can atleast get the turbos in next weekend. thats the hardest part I think and everything else can be sorted out once thats done. hopefully there should be atleast 4-5guys there to do all the work so I'm hoping we can make pretty quick work of most of it. with school the way it is right now, I'm slam packed so it could be a bit before I get all the kinks worked out and back on the road again but thats cool, it's more of a long term project for me.

I appreciate the offer to help man, I wish we could wait but I gotta take calc II and phys I over the summer (short session) so I wanna get this outta the way so I can really concentrate on that stuff.

you guys should come down over the summer though. have you ever been to the zmax drag strip they opened like 10-15 min from our house? 4 lanes and super nice. we should hit up a test and tune over the summer and see what they'll do.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Would love to go to Zmax one my car is all sorted out. Looks like a nice track. Amanda would want to hit up concord mills though...

Do a track GTG and a house party FTW.

Big question is would I want to tow the Z or risk it....
Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
suprasam

That's going to be a lot of work! Let me know if you have any questions. If you can wait till late may I could help out. Ill be in TX all april and parts of may. Skipping out on zdayz once again due to work.

tray@forged was able to source me bolts/gaskets/couplers if you end up needing greddy parts give them a ring.

WG springs are still fun, thats what I was running till I got the bc sorted out.
Where are you going to be at in TX? I'm stationed at Ft. Hood, and I'm in Dallas almost every weekend.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wow!

I just read the whole thread. I had no idea that you had done so much to your Z. I have to get by and see your car sometime.

It looks like we will both be getting back from TX around the same time. If you want to use my Cipher cable to bump your idle before you head back out again, let me know. After seeing everything that you've done, I'll bring some cigars and beer just to get a chance to see and hear your car.

Have a safe trip!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

suprasm, ill be in Sherman TX, just north of DFW.

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
I just read the whole thread. I had no idea that you had done so much to your Z. I have to get by and see your car sometime.

It looks like we will both be getting back from TX around the same time. If you want to use my Cipher cable to bump your idle before you head back out again, let me know. After seeing everything that you've done, I'll bring some cigars and beer just to get a chance to see and hear your car.

Have a safe trip!

It would have to be thursday or sunday night. I have to drive to charleston first thing friday, wont be back till late sunday. You have a safe trip as well. With all these recent plane stories Im glad i didnt jump to southwest!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:53 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sounds good

I haven't booked the return flight to GVL yet, but if I can get back to GSP at a decent hour Thursday night, your place is between the airport and my house and I could stop by. Heck, I'll take the cable with me in my carry on luggage. Sunday night is also no problem for me in case either of our flights back get delayed cancelled, etc.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:40 AM
suprasam

suprasm, ill be in Sherman TX, just north of DFW.

It would have to be thursday or sunday night. I have to drive to charleston first thing friday, wont be back till late sunday. You have a safe trip as well. With all these recent plane stories Im glad i didnt jump to southwest!
Cool, would you be interesting in meeting up sometime? Talk cars and carolinas?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:31 PM
litoflow

bro you were so right about the Plastic MAF Housing... i drop it in 3rd and boom, massive air escaping i hear from the side of my car, first thoughts blew the engine lol. Car turns off in middle lane with traffic thanks God i manage to put the hazard lights asap and get on the slow lane to the pull over ones. Open the hood up and there it was the Plastic POS MAF housing disconnected. NO matter how tight i tighten that thing it will still disconnect from the rest of the pipe. It is always on the same side too.

Not fun at all when this happens. Ordering the Treadtone asap.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 PM
nathanwl2004

Would love to go to Zmax one my car is all sorted out. Looks like a nice track. Amanda would want to hit up concord mills though...

Do a track GTG and a house party FTW.

Big question is would I want to tow the Z or risk it....
thats cool, dave and busters at concord mills has pool tables, air hockey, and most importantly alcohol. plus everyone can crash at our house.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Originally Posted by suprasam
Cool, would you be interesting in meeting up sometime? Talk cars and carolinas?
would be fun but I am pulling 14hr days so it would be difficult to meet up.

I told you to get the treadstone piece. Same thing happened to me...it was a o-shi% moment and embarrassing at the same time.

Sounds good nathan....some time in june?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:56 AM
GBoger

Originally Posted by nathanwl2004
Yeah man, we bought kev and tami turbos and we were shooting to swap parts from car to car this weekend but our friend who was going to help us do the work has national guard stuff to do, so it looks like it'll have to be next weekend instead. It'll probably be a very low key setup for a while. Only looking to boost off the wastegate spring for the moment until I can build the fuel system. I'm gonna take it to cin motorsports to get it osiris tuned. Nothin too crazy but its a start.
what happened to kevin and tammy's car? I thought they had it built???
Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 AM
nathanwl2004

Originally Posted by GBoger
what happened to kevin and tammy's car? I thought they had it built???
Nothing happened to it. I don't wanna speak for them as to why but they are selling they're car. It's still perfectly functional though.

Chris, June sounds good to me. Maybe we can see if any other z owners are interested. Sounds like a good time to me.

Quick Reply: Ditched my vortech: Built motor, greddy twins, budget build: updated 9-18-2010