Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ditched my vortech: Built motor, greddy twins, budget build: updated 9-18-2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 984 Likes on 747 Posts

Working on getting a tune scheduled. Work has got me on the road again though which makes it tough.

Drove the car this afternoon...parked in garage and just checked the floor........all clean.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:24 PM
HotRodG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,

Been awhile since touched base with you. Cant believe your still dealing with oil leaks. My guess its the sandwich plate, using gaskets are not much of advantage when not used in OEM application.

Were the Okada coil packs worth the investment ?

Good luck.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

So far no leaks as of the last round of parts

Replaced the sandwich plate.

Will know if the Okadas were worth it once I get a tune. They are pretty though.

Winter is about to hit, no reply from fp. I am thinking wire tuck time.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:59 PM
HotRodG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,

Hit me up if you need assistance with wire tuck. I plan on finally being done with current stage of mods by Christmas.

Was going to put a roll cage in by april but decided to work on exterior cosmetics for now.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

^you get her done?

I have been driving the z around some and datalogging a bit. Binder gave me some haltech pointers that have worked out pretty well. Driveability is so much better.

Havent started the wire tuck. Even with time off from work I stay busy, wife keeps me busy, falling trees ect.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cux350z
^you get her done?

I have been driving the z around some and datalogging a bit. Binder gave me some haltech pointers that have worked out pretty well. Driveability is so much better.
I'm glad it helped. I can't take all the credit though. Raj (rcdash) and rich (str8dum1) both spend a great deal of time helping me with my haltech problems so without them i wouldn't know half of what i do.

Havent started the wire tuck. Even with time off from work I stay busy, wife keeps me busy, falling trees ect.
I need to do it on mine too. I said i would over the winter but break is almost up and i just don't feel like it.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
suprasam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by binder
I need to do it on mine too. I said i would over the winter but break is almost up and i just don't feel like it.
I'm considering a wire tuck too. Just need a good long weekend to focus. Ah, the work on these cars never ends!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm glad it helped. I can't take all the credit though. Raj (rcdash) and rich (str8dum1) both spend a great deal of time helping me with my haltech problems so without them i wouldn't know half of what i do.
Did you end up going to pro-efi?

I'm going to have to learn all this haltech stuff... Who knows if I'll be able to afford tuning for a while
Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 AM
binder

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Did you end up going to pro-efi?

I'm going to have to learn all this haltech stuff... Who knows if I'll be able to afford tuning for a while
no. The only reason i wanted to switch was for the flex fuel situation but now i'm just all e85.

the second issues is the cams not being on before i do a WOT pull first. Hopefully i will have that worked out soon.

Neither of those reasons was worth the money i would spend (probably over a grand after i sold my haltech) plus having to learn a whole new software. It also came to my attention that the end user software for the proEFI isn't the same as the tuners use.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Resmarted

no. The only reason i wanted to switch was for the flex fuel situation but now i'm just all e85.

the second issues is the cams not being on before i do a WOT pull first. Hopefully i will have that worked out soon.

Neither of those reasons was worth the money i would spend (probably over a grand after i sold my haltech) plus having to learn a whole new software. It also came to my attention that the end user software for the proEFI isn't the same as the tuners use.
I keep reading about this cam issue on the haltech. Which sucks because I want to run 272's and I feel the more aggressive duration/lift will exacerbate the timing being off... I'll talk to the dynosty guys later this week and see what they have to say (I'll see if the re-flash I want them to do can cover that) and let you know (Although I bet you've already talked to hal about it lol).

That's really weak that the pro-efi has a different tuning software. I didn't know that either. I have to admit those gauges available for pro-efi are waay sicker than the racepack.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:49 PM
binder

I keep reading about this cam issue on the haltech. Which sucks because I want to run 272's and I feel the more aggressive duration/lift will exacerbate the timing being off... I'll talk to the dynosty guys later this week and see what they have to say (I'll see if the re-flash I want them to do can cover that) and let you know (Although I bet you've already talked to hal about it lol).

That's really weak that the pro-efi has a different tuning software. I didn't know that either. I have to admit those gauges available for pro-efi are waay sicker than the racepack.
it has nothing at all to do with timing.

From a fresh restart the cams are not active (0* advance). They do not become active until you do a WOT pull all the way to redline. Then they start functioning normally. That's the issue. Doesn't matter what brand, size, duration, etc cam it is. This is only an issue so far with 2003 g35's. I have heard of a few evo's and a 2006 350z that also has this problem (from the haltech forums). it's hard to say how many people really have this issue but never even open a laptop and look while the car is running.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Resmarted

it has nothing at all to do with timing.

From a fresh restart the cams are not active (0* advance). They do not become active until you do a WOT pull all the way to redline. Then they start functioning normally. That's the issue. Doesn't matter what brand, size, duration, etc cam it is. This is only an issue so far with 2003 g35's. I have heard of a few evo's and a 2006 350z that also has this problem (from the haltech forums). it's hard to say how many people really have this issue but never even open a laptop and look while the car is running.
Huh that's really strange.
Well NOT MY PROBLEM

Jk
That really sucks. How does the car pull on that first initial wot run? I'd imagine not that great.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 AM
binder

Huh that's really strange.
Well NOT MY PROBLEM

Jk
That really sucks. How does the car pull on that first initial wot run? I'd imagine not that great.
the only thing affected is spool. Rich has the same problem and his peak numbers were the same. I'm assuming the differences in mine at the top end are due to the clutch slipping.
Attached Thumbnails Ditched my vortech: Built motor, greddy twins, budget build: updated 9-18-2010-cams_nocams_18psi.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

fixed

the only thing affected is spool. Rich had the same problem and his peak numbers were the same. I'm assuming the differences in mine at the top end are due to the clutch slipping.
no phasing issue with my proefi.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM
binder

Originally Posted by str8dum1
fixed

no phasing issue with my proefi.
ya ya ya, i meant with the haltech

and mine is fixed as of today. Hal logged into my computer remotely and made a new firmware update that fixed it. YAY
Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

you upgrade to 1.10?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Resmarted

you upgrade to 1.10?
1.10 is out?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

been out. there is even a minor revision.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Resmarted

been out. there is even a minor revision.
Huh, well I think mines loaded with 1.08, maybe 1.09 (seeing as I just downloaded the first version I found), but then again it's been a few months since the car has cranked over
Isn't 1.08 the most proven on the vq though?
PS Damn Cux, I really jacked your thread sorry :P
Old 01-04-2012, 08:58 AM
binder

Huh, well I think mines loaded with 1.08, maybe 1.09 (seeing as I just downloaded the first version I found), but then again it's been a few months since the car has cranked over
Isn't 1.08 the most proven on the vq though?
PS Damn Cux, I really jacked your thread sorry :P
they don't release them until they have been tested. 1.10.2 i think is the latest manager and 1.10.1 or something is the latest firmware. Newest firmware comes with the newest manager.

Quick Reply: Ditched my vortech: Built motor, greddy twins, budget build: updated 9-18-2010