Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Back home lets build!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:25 PM
konrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you see the website dipyourcar.com? I'm considering getting the mate white for my DD audi TT. Its black now but the paint job is not perfect. the front bumper needs to be repainted, So i might as well dip it white
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yah thats where i saw the kit for 300 bucks and is why im considering it. anyway got the wheels on(as well as the pressure switch hooked up for meth it kicks full on at 13 psi but no pics its behind my guages with most everything else.)

tsw interlaggos 18x10.5 front and rear 285/30/18 tires all four corners stock suspension though. front needed 5-7mm spacer but i only had 3 and 10 so it got 10, need to get the same for the rear because the fronts stick out so much further now. i have studs that are 50mm longer then stock though with extended open lug nuts to account for spacers.

spacers put tires about 12 mm past the fenders, tires are 11 inchs wide though

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-05-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 AM
konrad

The tire looks sally for 18s hope you got good streets where you live,

Does the meth include somekind of fail safe? I have the cooling miat meth and I'm thinking of adding the aem failsafe to it
Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 AM
jerryd87

streets actually arnt too bad, theres no snow in hawaii(or temps under 65 really) so the streets dont deteriorate, next time im gona go with 35 series though. the meth dosnt have a failsafe, i know people talk about what ifs but honestly if the meth fails its no different then say a injector staying shut theres only so much we can do. ill clean the filters regularly and test the system probably once a month, for the price of a system like aquamist that everyone recommends i would rather just get a ams-1000 and have it control both boost and the meth. not adding a ton anyway because im using it to drop IAT lower not det resistance so if it does fail the widebands should be able to compensate.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-06-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:51 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

285/30?!

boost will not like those. I can break mine loose in 90* weather with mickey thompson 305/40's

be prepared for a ride
Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 AM
ace32x

Originally Posted by binder
285/30?!

boost will not like those. I can break mine loose in 90* weather with mickey thompson 305/40's

be prepared for a ride
i blow my 285 kdw's out in 3rd and 4th up to like 110 XD.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:49 PM
jerryd87

yah i was worried about clearance initially since only one other person i know of is using these wheels. next set of tires will prob be 305/35 in the rear and 285/35 up front. not a big deal either since i still need to upgrade to pro axles lol still havnt bought em.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:23 PM
jerryd87

well as shitty as it sounds it looks like stock cams are going back in it for now, not ****ing happy at all. z1 performance(the ny ones) is who i ordered them from, payment cleared almost 6 months ago now, they told me no problem for staggered setup(stage 1 NA intake, stage 2 FI exhuast) then it turned into "my supplier has no idea where they are" so i said f it get me kelford 272, which also couldnt be had so he told me about 3 weeks ago he could get a couple sets of 272's so i told him to get them. then last week after still no cams shipping he tells me a kelford shipment came in an he was sending me kelford 272's. waited all last week and this week, in fact waited for the past 4 days for them to supposedly be over nighted to me and still nothing.

how he stays in business after the recent problems is amazing i do know if he trys what he did last time and send the part after i request my money back i will just deny it and have it returned, god help him if he trys to take shipping costs out of my refund. ill never shop with him again all the other shops can charge double what he does and i still wont go with him ever again its ridiculous.

gona have to wait to get cams since the next month i actually need my car with the wife starting school, orientation, work, then me going back to work and getting all our equipment back, i even told him i absolutly had to have the car back togeather this week too.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:31 PM
ace32x

Thats annoying I know how that goes
Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM
f150intally

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerryd87
well as shitty as it sounds it looks like stock cams are going back in it for now, not ****ing happy at all. z1 performance(the ny ones) is who i ordered them from, payment cleared almost 6 months ago now, they told me no problem for staggered setup(stage 1 NA intake, stage 2 FI exhuast) then it turned into "my supplier has no idea where they are" so i said f it get me kelford 272, which also couldnt be had so he told me about 3 weeks ago he could get a couple sets of 272's so i told him to get them. then last week after still no cams shipping he tells me a kelford shipment came in an he was sending me kelford 272's. waited all last week and this week, in fact waited for the past 4 days for them to supposedly be over nighted to me and still nothing.

how he stays in business after the recent problems is amazing i do know if he trys what he did last time and send the part after i request my money back i will just deny it and have it returned, god help him if he trys to take shipping costs out of my refund. ill never shop with him again all the other shops can charge double what he does and i still wont go with him ever again its ridiculous.

gona have to wait to get cams since the next month i actually need my car with the wife starting school, orientation, work, then me going back to work and getting all our equipment back, i even told him i absolutly had to have the car back togeather this week too.
Sorry for your misfortune...he is getting demolished on this thread... very sad...all the people that have lost money. https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...o-in-ny-9.html

Do you have the means to file suit?

Last edited by f150intally; 06-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:04 PM
konrad

its crazy whats going on with Adam and his business attitude. sorry to hear about the whole BS, I was going to order the kelford cams from him too, thank god I didnt, I found a good deal on tomei cams.
I was lucky enough that I did get my cosworth piston rings after 2 months of BS and no responses
Old 06-10-2012, 09:37 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Jeremiah you should've came to the BBQ you have a great time and lots of fun watching my car not start!

I am ripping everything out this weekend
Old 06-10-2012, 10:47 PM
jerryd87

i believe the army will help me with a lawyer but i would have to check ill see what his email says tomarrow, thing is it started 6 months ago when it appeared he was still a good store. ill have to see what he says in the morning though i know last time i told him i wanted money back he actually sent the parts, granted i have stock cams in now.
Originally Posted by f150intally
Sorry for your misfortune...he is getting demolished on this thread... very sad...all the people that have lost money. https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...o-in-ny-9.html

Do you have the means to file suit?
Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 PM
jerryd87

haha i was going to but instead spent the whole day putting stock cams back in hopefully mine starts tomarrow. yah yours is goofy but thinking about it i would have to look at the fsm again i think the ipdm controls the door locks but the bcm dosnt but i could be wrong. def a wierd one though, does it just click or what?
Originally Posted by KingBaby
Jeremiah you should've came to the BBQ you have a great time and lots of fun watching my car not start!

I am ripping everything out this weekend
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Getting code p2103
Old 06-11-2012, 02:26 AM
jerryd87

ill try and stop by today(when i wake up shouldnt take long to finish my car) and you can try my old ipdm see if that changes the problems at all. not everything works on it but if that code goes away thats the problem. im really thinking that now because the interior lights run through both the bcm and ipdm(you said you had issues with em before) as well as the door locks and hatch(since you had issues with that), but the throttle control relay only goes through the ipdm, then into the ecu, since the ipdm is the only common thing among them that tells me its that. my old one i dont think has a ground problem anymore since i took it apart but not everything works on it. but i have no idea if it might blow the fusible link or not like it did to me.

could possibly also just try switching relays around if you want see if that helps? but i wanna say its the entire module any chance water got back there? the ipdm isnt really reported on here but with the frequency they fail on other nissan platforms thats what led me to test mine and rip it apart.(dont suggest it the thing is truely useless and barbaric tech, it actually contains wires and metal clips inside not a printed circuit which may be why other platforms have such failures with it.)

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-11-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

headgames is the best place to get kelford cams from. thats all they use in their heads and seem to have direct line to getting the cams quickly.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
jerryd87

well right now i have no idea whats wrong with the damn car, its completely back togeather but wont start and according to the haltech the injectors are not firing at all. injector 1 shows 0 pulsewidth throughout cranking, no idea what the problem is, dont think its the flywheel because i followed the instructions but at the moment im too worn out by this damn thing to do anything else.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
konrad

Originally Posted by jerryd87
well right now i have no idea whats wrong with the damn car, its completely back togeather but wont start and according to the haltech the injectors are not firing at all. injector 1 shows 0 pulsewidth throughout cranking, no idea what the problem is, dont think its the flywheel because i followed the instructions but at the moment im too worn out by this damn thing to do anything else.
I known you are non rev up. but when I skipped timing , I rebuild the engine and tried to rush things. So on my rev up I installed the exhaust cam sensor on the intake side and the intake on the exhaust side. ( Its possible only on a revup) I went through 2 weeks of hell , buying new sensors checking the harness, checking the sensors. checking the timing , than finally check everything with the service manual in front of me page by page and I found the damn sensors were switched. switched the sensors and it fired right up.

Also check the ground to the engine. The harness and Injector harness has only a small 18 gauge wire that grounds to the timing cover. I had a bad ground and engine didnt start also.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM
jerryd87

yah ill take a look i was just tired of messing with it today

Quick Reply: Back home lets build!