Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

FAQ: Official wheel "SPACER" thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 06:32 PM
James1990

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm..waiting to install my Tanabe NF210 springs and 25mm spacers(F) and 32mm spacers(R) this weekend if I can make the time for it. Today I was a little proactive and had the rear fenders rolled just in case. I'm on stock 18" wheels/tires.

UPDATE: Installed rear springs and spacers.. VERY satisfied with its new stance in the rear and very excited to see the final drop after it settles. Good thing I rolled the fenders because it would of rubbed. I'm doing the front springs and spacers this weekend! Will post pics after everything is completed

Last edited by James1990; 07-24-2015 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:38 AM
James1990

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EVERYTHING INSTALLED.. 25MM SPACERS UP FRONT AND 32MM SPACERS IN BACK ON TANABE NF210 LOWERING SPRINGS. STOCK WHEELS/TIRES
Attached Thumbnails FAQ: Official wheel "SPACER" thread!-rear-wiper-delete.jpg   FAQ: Official wheel "SPACER" thread!-front-lowered.jpg   FAQ: Official wheel "SPACER" thread!-rear-lowered.jpg   FAQ: Official wheel "SPACER" thread!-wheel-poke.jpg  
Old 08-13-2015, 02:18 PM
KOF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spacers for flushing 19" 8.5 & 9.5

Hay i need recommendation on Wheel Spacers for flushing my Current Wheels setup is.

Front
19"x8.5 ET32
245/35/19

Rear
19"x9.5 ET35
275/30/19

What size of spacers i do use for rolling the fenders or without rolling the fenders.?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2015, 04:20 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by KOF
Hay i need recommendation on Wheel Spacers for flushing my Current Wheels setup is.

Front
19"x8.5 ET32
245/35/19

Rear
19"x9.5 ET35
275/30/19

What size of spacers i do use for rolling the fenders or without rolling the fenders.?

Thanks
1. Take measurements to determine how much outboard movement you want/need. I say this because it will vary from car to car and more specifically, with your suspension - which is the biggest influence on wheel/spacer/tire sizing to your car.

2. Once you have determined how much you need, use the Tire Calculator - https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...drive-a-z.html - and play with the offsets to see how much offset you need to take out (which gives you the size of the spacer you need).

As a very GENERAL note (keyword: GENERAL), Z33s, with those wheel width dimensions (8.5/9.5) need a net positive offset around +15 to roughly +20 to be even with the wheelwell arches. But this is NOT absolute.

Mic
Old 09-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Chris06Roadster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help?!

How do I know if Wheel spacers fit? I read it's about me having to have gaps on my wheels or something like that... I don't have it but if i get the Hubcentric wouldn't I be okay? An if so how much that I won't rub my tires are 20x8.5
Old 10-16-2015, 09:44 AM
jdm_kid

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by James1990
EVERYTHING INSTALLED.. 25MM SPACERS UP FRONT AND 32MM SPACERS IN BACK ON TANABE NF210 LOWERING SPRINGS. STOCK WHEELS/TIRES
Hows the drive, and any problems after installing the spacers?
Old 10-29-2015, 11:57 PM
DcDuDe21

Default Question regarding spacers

This may be a noobie question or a simple math problem. I just purchased a pair of Eibach hubcentric 15mm spacers for my front wheels so i can get a little more flush look to the car and maybe a bit better handling however it is not a drift car. My current setup up front is 19x8.5 245/35/19 and 19x9.5 275/35/19 rear. My question is if i install the spacers up front will they essentially jot out more than the rear and if so whats the size i would need to balance it out? Any advice/help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:42 AM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Whats your current offset of the wheels?
Originally Posted by DcDuDe21
This may be a noobie question or a simple math problem. I just purchased a pair of Eibach hubcentric 15mm spacers for my front wheels so i can get a little more flush look to the car and maybe a bit better handling however it is not a drift car. My current setup up front is 19x8.5 245/35/19 and 19x9.5 275/35/19 rear. My question is if i install the spacers up front will they essentially jot out more than the rear and if so whats the size i would need to balance it out? Any advice/help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:10 AM
savedbygrace

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

From a stock fitment on 18" wheels you can fit 20mm in front and 25mm in back no problem, even with a 1" drop. That may help you calculate your 19" specs that you're trying to figure out.

If your wheels looked like they were the same depth within the wheel well before your front spacers, then of course adding 15mm up front would mean you need at least 15mm in rear as well. The fronts WILL look wider without giving the rears a spacer.

I think you'll need a 20mm for the rear, but personally I'd go 20mm front and 25mm rears, don't take my word for it but I think that will fit on 19's....could be wrong.

Hope this helps,

Saved
Old 10-30-2015, 06:48 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by nizmo_0385
Whats your current offset of the wheels?
^^^THIS.

No one can answer your question without knowing the existing wheel offset.

Ultimately for wheels that size, you're going to want somewhere around +15mm effective offset to work without fender massaging and/or camber to fit about right FRONT OR REAR. So, as an EXAMPLE, if your fronts are, say, 30mm, the 15mm spacers will get you where you need it to be.

Use the tool: https://my350z.com/forum/tire_rim_calculator.php to determine how far you can go. Note that inner clearance available is about 25mm (maybe 30mm) max at full lock even though the wheel will appear to still have clearance in straight line.

Depending on the wheels, you may or may not need spacers at the rear.

Mic
The following users liked this post:
DcDuDe21 (11-02-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 07:54 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

One other note about using spacers: don't forget about stud lengths! Don't expect to use your OEM studs and lug nuts with spacers 15 mm and over. Depending on offset, a spacer will not leave enough thread for you to safely mount your new wheels. Nothing like losing a wheel on the road or track to ruin your day!

Also, it's a good idea to buy longer studs made of stronger material, since you are effectively increasing the axial loads by using a spacer. I recommend ARP, who make some of the best fasteners in the world, for a wide variety of lengths and thread patterns for extended use as wheel studs.
The following 2 users liked this post by dkmura:
35th4me (11-27-2015), DcDuDe21 (11-02-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 08:05 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by dkmura
One other note about using spacers: don't forget about stud lengths! Don't expect to use your OEM studs and lug nuts with spacers 15 mm and over. Depending on offset, a spacer will not leave enough thread for you to safely mount your new wheels. Nothing like losing a wheel on the road or track to ruin your day!

Also, it's a good idea to buy longer studs made of stronger material, since you are effectively increasing the axial loads by using a spacer. I recommend ARP, who make some of the best fasteners in the world, for a wide variety of lengths and thread patterns for extended use as wheel studs.
Word!

If anyone has read my posts that contain the word "spacers", it's public info that I don't like them.

BUT, hypocritically , I do have a pair on each of my cars. Pair of rears on the Niz to accommodate my Volks, pair of fronts for the '03 so I could use the LMZ5s.

While they have helped with fit and offer, arguably, an OK performance use (note I didn't say "performance improvement"), I still hate 'em and am conscious of their presence each time I drive on 'em. No, they *probably* won't fall off but I still prefer naked hubs. Heh heh.

Last edited by MicVelo; 10-30-2015 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Punk shu ashun.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:15 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Proper sized spacer and proper installation has little danger, but its another part that has potential to fail. I personally dislike spacer and would rather but wheels with proper specs, but i dont see a problem with them when used properly.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:44 AM
350z82

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura

This is a great point. Most of the time when purchasing spacers from a good company, the spacers may come with new studs to prevent the issues mentioned above by Dkmura. I know personally that Ichiba spacers after a certain MM come with new studs to attach too.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:25 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Even a 5mm spacer requires a longer stud, not many threads. A 10mm spacer on a stock stud, gets less than 1/4 turn
The following users liked this post:
DcDuDe21 (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 02:25 PM
DcDuDe21

Thank you guys so much for all your responses! These are all great tips and suggestions. I knew offset somehow played a role in this as well. Ill have to look that up but i believe its around +22 but ill make sure. the wheels are volk gtv. I agree with having wide enough wheels to where spacers arent required thats the best option however i couldn't turn down the deal hehe. i guess I should clarify my question. I currently like the fitment of the rear and it will look as i want when i drop it; flush with the wheel well, it does have slightly less degree of camber as well. but i want the front to match without having to change the specs so my worry was if the 15mm spacers will affect performance negatively if the front ends up being wider than the rear i can imagine that wouldnt be good. The spacers came with built in studs and i have new volk lugs as well. I tried to post pics but i guess ill have to go premium haha. Thanks again guys!
Old 11-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Joe clan

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best set up wheel spacers for stock wheels?

I have been sifting through threads on here to find what people say is the best set up for wheel spacers for stock 2008 18inch anniversary wheels. I haven't seen anyone give a best fit. Brand, size that won't rub and look best? Anyone have some suggestions? Did a little measuring, front 1inch rear 1 and 1\2 sound about right?

Last edited by Joe clan; 11-26-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:44 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe clan
I have been sifting through threads on here to find what people say is the best set up for wheel spacers for stock 2008 18inch anniversary wheels. I haven't seen anyone give a best fit. Brand, size that won't rub and look best? Anyone have some suggestions? Did a little measuring, front 1inch rear 1 and 1\2 sound about right?
Probably cause best is subjective. Some idiots will think best will be a 1 foot spacer, 45 degrees of camber. Others will say 20mm front and rear
Old 12-03-2015, 05:40 AM
Squeaky Z

Im new to this as well so hopefully this is just straight forward but i got some rohana rc22 not staggered on a deal. Im going to call them and see if they have the rear spoke clearance or not.

So i now have (4) 20" rims already tired. Width is 9" for all four. Bolt pattern; 5x 114.3 and they're offset is +35 all around

I basically test fit these onto my 350z that is lowered on Bilstein pss10s but setup to almost a maximum height. I think im going to need my fenders rolled if im correct? And my rears fit fine with no spacer (they clear my brembos) but the front hit against my caliper by about 2mm when i tried test fitting with a 8mm spacer.

I just want these rims to fit and not rub but also look good any ideas on the perfect spacer combo i need? I know i need a minimum of 12mm on the fronts to clear.

Is it smart to run spacers in the front and not back if theyre not staggered?

I also already purchase hubcentric rings in the proper bore size. I bought 2 sets to be sure (one plastic gorilla brand) one aluminim set off ebay both at the bore sizes 66.1 to 73.1 (which is what my aftermarket rims are)

So suggestions on spacers please

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
lol.....okay cool....thanks for the laugh..

-J
Old 12-03-2015, 05:58 AM
Squeaky Z

Default New wheels advice

Im new to this as well so hopefully this is just straight forward but i got some rohana rc22 not staggered on a deal. Im going to call them and see if they have the rear spoke clearance or not.

I have the stock hub and bolts (short oem ones)

So i now have (4) 20" rims already tired. Width is 9" for all four. Bolt pattern; 5x 114.3 and they're offset is +35 all around

I basically test fit these onto my 350z that is lowered on Bilstein pss10s but setup to almost a maximum height. I think im going to need my fenders rolled if im correct? As well; my rear rims fit fine with no spacer (they clear my brembos) but the front hit against my caliper by about 2mm when i tried test fitting with a 8mm spacer.

I just want these rims to fit and not rub but also look good any ideas on the perfect spacer combo i need? I know i need a minimum of 12mm on the fronts to clear.

Is it smart to run spacers in the front and not back if theyre not staggered?

I also already purchase hubcentric rings in the proper bore size. I bought 2 sets to be sure (one plastic gorilla brand) one aluminim set off ebay both at the bore sizes 66.1 to 73.1 (which is what my aftermarket rims are)

So suggestions on spacers please and what i need to do now

Quick Reply: FAQ: Official wheel "SPACER" thread!